“Family Fun Time!”
Review of Pzazz Resort Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Burlington
Pzazz Resort Hotel
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Burlington
El Paso, Illinois
“Family Fun Time!”
Reviewed 27 March 2012

We just returned from our stay at Fun City and had a blast! We have children ranging in ages from 13 down to 2. None of us were ever bored! We want to say that the facilities were very clean and our hotel room was very nice and comfortable. We loved the food at the Boogaloo Cafe, Gasoline Allie's, and the pizza in the waterpark area. The bowling alley was top notch! We paid by the hour and really got our money's worth. The only negative side was that our middle son was seriously a centimeter too short to drive the go carts. It made him sad because he was way too big for the junior carts. Other than that we really enjoyed our trip and are looking forward to going back to try the outdoor park!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Amber V
PzazzEntertainment, Guest Relations Manager at Pzazz Resort Hotel, responded to this review, 30 April 2012
Dear Amber V,

Thank you so much for the positive feedback! We are so happy you had such a pleasant time in our facility! Hope to see you again in the near future!

Thanks again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Iowa City
Reviewed 17 March 2012

Our family of 6 just returned from an overnight stay at Fun City on 3/15/12. Overall, our stay was fine. The kids had fun, which made it worth returning. However, the place needs some improvements. The indoor waterpark is fun for the kids, but an eye sore for adults. It needs some major repainting and the dead trees surrounding the two big slides need to go. Our two year enjoyed the indoor waterpark the most. I think our older children will enjoy it more in the summertime when the outdoor slides are open. The King Pins bowling was fun. The cost per lane is reasonable, but $2-3 shoe rental is extreme IMO. The gokarts were fun for my older son, but the ones for younger kids are a rip off. They are way too slow for the cost to drive them. Again, the laser tag was fun, but $5 per person for 7 minutes was a little pricey. The size of the arcade was pretty impressive. It seems costly, but it's larger than most arcades we've been to that charge the same amount. The room we stayed in was very nice. Overall, the stay was nice and we had fun. We'll definitely be returning, but would like to see some improvements.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Dear LisaTiowacity,

Thank you for visiting our facility! We appreciate the feedback! We are aware of the maintainence that needs done and rest assured, we are doing everything we can to get it taken care of.

Thanks again and hope to see you back soon!!
Palmyra
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Our family of 5 came for a weekend getaway on 2-19 and 2-20 because we are suffering from cabin fever. The staff there are excellent and very accommodating, just great people. The hotel has the most uncomfortable beds we've ever experienced, wow just bad. The beds need to be chucked out the window, seriously. The indoor water park was what we came for because we love to swim. We entered the water park at 5:30 PM got in the water and were told to get out of the kiddie portion at 5:50 because of water quality. The kids and I were ready to leave anyway because we couldn't see. The chlorine smell was so bad our eyes were burning and our 2 oldest kids couldn't breathe and were freaking out. They just wanted to "GET OUT NOW". When we tried to leave there were no towels to be found except dirty ones, however the staff did find us one at the snack bar for all of us to share. My wife noted water dripping off of the very rusty duct work above us. There was a door propped open over by the hot tub blowing very cold air in but at least it was breathable. The steps going to the top of the water slide need replaced ASAP before someone falls to their death, some of the step supports are rusted with holes in them. I repair stuff like this for a living and believe these problems to be unacceptable. On a good note the pizzas are awesome, best I've ever had. The arcade side of the facility is top notch and keeps the kids well entertained and my pockets well empty. The laser tag is a blast and makes me wish I was in better shape. The King Pins Bowling is a really good time but too pricey in my book, they need to reduce prices a couple bucks per game. The Boogaloo Cafe is well above average for a hotel restaurant, service and food absolutely outstanding. The lady the runs the gift shop over by the casino was just amazing and friendly, we talked for a long time. She was great with our daughter and went out of her way to make feel like a grown up shopper. The balloon game at the arcade was fun for me but gave my wife a heart attack whenever it would pop. The Gasoline Alley snack bar needs more employees working there, those two behind the counter were just overwhelmed with people. The employees working the rotunda area seem to be very cranky and unhappy. The trip was fun but could have been better. We probably won't ever come back during the winter unless the indoor park is repaired and the ventilation is working. The owners need to spend some of that money and fix the problems before someone gets hurt

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Jake L
PzazzEntertainment, Guest Relations Manager at Pzazz Resort Hotel, responded to this review, 3 March 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback! I'm very glad our staff, food, and arcade area were to your liking!

However, I am sorry for your issues in the water park. Please know we have taken appropriate action to solve these repair issues as soon as possible, and we are truly sorry it negatively impacted your stay.

I hope you are able to visit us again so you can experience Huck's Harbor as the clean, fun, family-friendly venue it is!
Davenport, Iowa
Reviewed 26 February 2012

We recently returned for a family vacation to Fun City after nearly a years absence - needless to say it was quite a Shock to see the deplorable conditions of the indoor waterpark area. I am not sure if this hotel is under new management or not - but nearly all the ceiling area was covered in TONS of RUST which was dripping into all the pool areas - as well as the seating area where people eat. It was disgusting, I certainly felt is should have been an immediate health concern. The room we stayed in smelled of cigarette smoke. We ate at Boogaloo Cafe, my Husband found a STAPLE in his chicken wings!!! Despite being frequent travelers & returning customers we will NOT ever be returning to this facility again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Jennifer K
Dear Guest,

I'm very sorry to hear you had a negative experience in our facility. I want to let you know our facility is undergoing some maintenance and we are fixing these problems immediately.

Cigarette smoking, or any smoking for that matter, is strictly prohibited in all of our hotel rooms. Of course, that does not mean somebody isn't going to try. We do our very best to clean out rooms that have unfortunately have been smoked in by using top of the line products made to do just that.

Regarding the staple found in your husbands chicken wings we are completely shocked! That could have had a terrible outcome and I'm sincerely relieved that he was not hurt. I hope you had taken your situation to the Boogaloo Manager so they were aware of the hazard and we could make it up to you.

We express sincere regret that you no longer wish to come to our establishment, but please know we would love to be given another chance to provide you with a more positive experience. Your feedback is used to better ourselves and help us provide an outstanding experience for all of our customers.
Brighton, Iowa
Reviewed 7 February 2012

We stayed at the Catfish Bend Casino adult side. We were there for a gathering of friends for a xmas party. The rooms were nice and the Bugaloo Cafe was good eating. My husband and proceeded to the Catfish Bend Casino. I had had some drinks and i had went up some steps and the security guard thought that I was intoxicated and said that I had to go back to my room. I had been drinking but I was not falling down drunk. I then came back down and i was sent back up to my room. I came down a third time to see another security guard and he said that you cannot go back to Casino but you can go anywhere else. I was very upset about the whole thing. I met up with my husband at the Bugaloo Cafe where we had some drinks. My husband was walking off the dance floor and some guy punches him in the face and then ran. My husband is then approached by security guards stating that he needed to leave. He stated what did I do. they proceeded to state that you just need to go to your room. We both went back to our room.

Both situations were handled very poorly and I would not recommend anybody to go there. We both did nothing wrong but yet we were singled out by your so called security guards.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank Lisa S
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback! I sympathize with you regarding the protocol you were subject to with our security guards. Our security staff is trained diligently, as well as myself and other employees, to spot some who is under the influence. We have very strict rules that we must follow as a licensed casino when it comes to alcohol and gambling. I'm very sorry that was not properly explained to you.

I want to thank you for visiting our facility, and I am deeply sorry for your unpleasant experience. We hope you can give us another chance to provide you with a more positive experience.
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 30 January 2012

The rooms need to be updated. Rooms seem more like a roadside motel. The whole place is kind of dark. The indoor water park is nice but small and geared more towards younger kids.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank amy1440
Iowa City, Iowa
Reviewed 22 January 2012

My husband and I take our kids to a different hotel waterpark every year during the winter season to get rid of some pint up energy.
Hotel- We were shocked by the overpowering smell of chlorine old musty mold smell when we first walked into our hotel room and was tempted to walk right back out but figured we would get used to the smell and didn't want to disappoint the kids. We purchased the Ultimate Getaway Package for 2 days and it was the longest 2 days of my life...the SMELL!!!! You can't relax with the smell, sleep with the smell, and wake up in the morning to that smell. I spend an extra $20 for the top floor with pool view and I understand there is going to be some smells from the chlorine but this was just too much. My daughter has ashma and allergies to mold and dust mites and this hotel room was a living nightmare that was supposed to be fun. I spent a whole day washing this horrible scent out of our clothes, coats, hats, mittens, and all of us had to take a shower just to get the smell out of our hair. The waterpark is very old and the whole thing just needs to be gutted. I suggest getting rid of the balconies. You can't use them to enter the waterpark so all they are doing is smelling up all of the rooms and causing poor air quality.
Waterpark- I recommend never staying here for the waterpark, Kalona or Davenport is much better. Also, the waterpark was too cold!!! Everyone was wearing sweatshirts, even the lifeguards. Never had this problem with any of the other waterparks we have visited in the winter months.
Food-We received free buffet vouchers for the kids but it was gross and a waste of money since my husband and I still had to pay. Juice was in a little container and frozen so you couldn't drink it and I guess what was supposed to be french toast was hard as a rock and there was no syrup provided. All the food was cold!!! Didn't use our vouchers for the next day and went to McDonalds, paid the same amount, and food was much better which says a lot.
Arcade, Bowling, Lasertag, Go Carts- 5 stars!! Wish the hotel and waterpark were as nice as this part of fun city. Everything was clean and well kept, didn't notice any disgusting smells, and great staff. I'm only giving this review an extra star for this part because we were there for the hotel/waterpark experience.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank ribbit80
Dear Guest,

I'm very sorry you were dissatisfied with your experience in our establishment.

I'm concerned with the moldy smell you describe. Our entire hotel has been renovated top to bottom and we have not had any issues such as these. I want to thank you for provided this feedback so we may investigate and be sure we are doing our very best at keeping everything in top shape.

Regarding your buffet experience, rest assure we have been trying our best to be sure the food is fresh and hot for our guests. I'm very sorry you did not experience a pleasant breakfast.

Thank you for your feedback. We strive to make your trip to our facility a pleasant and memorable one. Your feedback helps us to correct our mistakes and make it right.

If you have any additional comments or concerns, please contact us!

Thank you!