“Not a restful stay”
Review of Pzazz Resort Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Burlington
Pzazz Resort Hotel
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Burlington
Reviewed 15 April 2013

My in-laws took us (15 total with kids ranging from 8 months to 15) on an overnight stay so our children could enjoy all that "Fun City" has to offer. The good news is that there is plenty to do for kids of all ages. The arcade is fun, the bowling is great, and the indoor waterpark is great for younger kids....my 15 year old nephew was bored. There are 2 indoor slides and a small pool plus rock wall for the older kids. The indoor waterpark is geared for the little kids. We went to the waterpark about 2:30 - BAD decision. It was packed and hard to keep track of the kids. The chlorine smell is so strong my eyes were burning and my throat was sore when we left. We ate supper at the Boogaloo Cafe. I recommend calling ahead. We had to wait for 20 minutes and the service was slow. Not good for over tired kids. The food was very good. We got back to our room about 8:45. Thank heavens the kids were exhausted and slept hard....because it was the loudest hotel I have EVER stayed at. There was a birthday party for preteens on the floor and another gathering right across the hall from us. There were kids running down the hall, pounding on the doors, doors slamming and kids screaming until after 11pm. I called security and they came to address the noise across the hall. I do believe that there should have been more monitoring of the halls after a certain time. I had to call security again at 1:30am when there was a fight and yelling in the parking lot outside of our window. It was horrible loud most of the night. I think I slept from 2am until 6am....maybe. We ate breakfast at Edgewater Grill. I would not recommend it. The eggs had no taste and were cold. It was mediocre at best. Overall, not the getaway I was hoping for. I was exhausted and hungry by the time we got home.

Room Tip: I would request a room away from any large parties of kids...and on the parking lot side, NOT waterp...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Rachel M
PzazzEntertainment, Guest Relations Manager at Pzazz Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review! I am glad that security was able to address your noise complaint, and I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced due to another guest in the hotel. We try our very best to control such situations.

Your dissatisfaction with the food at Edgewater has been forwarded to the appropriate parties and I thank you again for letting us know how your visit at our establishment went. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 4 April 2013

There was a big winter storm coming in and had a class to attend in one of there conference rooms early the next AM. Phoned to check room rates and avalability at 10AM Sun, was quoted $89.00, got there to check in at 6PM and the room rates had magicily increased to $119.00, brought this to the clerks attention and was informed "room rates change due to availability " Not being extremely happy at this point but with the weather being blizzard condtions not much of a choice ! Taking the room on the 3rd floor as I got off the elvator I noticed an extremely rank odor ! As I headed down the hall to my room it got stronger and all I could hear were children screaming and hollering in there rooms ! When down to get ice and a drink out of the vending machine and it didn't work, went down to main floor and the water was empty in that machine, headed back up to the 2nd floor finally got some bottled water, not a happy camper by that point ! On the other hand went down to the Boogaloo Cafe to get a bite to eat and highly recommend them, excellant food and service !!!!!

Room Tip: I don't recommend staying on the 3rd floor !!!!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
PzazzEntertainment, Guest Relations Manager at Pzazz Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review!

I apologize for any inconvenience or disappointment the rate changes may have caused you. It is true that our rooms are based on availability during the time of your inquiry. Unfortunately, if you don't book the room at the time the quote is given then it is possible the room rate could increase if we book several rooms in between the time of your original call and the time you actually arrive to book your room. I assume that we probably booked a lot of rooms in the meantime because of the storm. Be sure next time to book the room during to quote to lock in that room rate.

The chlorine smell in some of the hallways is a constant battle. One that we try our hardest to win! Rest assured that your complaint of the chlorine has been heard and we will hopefully come up with a solution very soon!

Lastly, the vending machine issue has been addressed and taken care of. I really appreciate you letting us know about that so we could correct it as soon as possible!

Thanks again,

Reviewed 25 March 2013

Took our 10 yr old son and 12 yr old daughter for Spring Break with weekend package. The game room was great and we had a great time with the go-carts and other events. The room was ready early and it was clean and nice. The Boogaloo Cafe however, was disappointing. The food was okay, the service was slow and their idea of mac and cheese for kids is wet elbow macaroni with shredded cheese melted on top. No flavor at all. Tried to eat there for lunch the next day and waited over 10 minutes after being seated. Finally when no one came over to take our drink order, we got up and left. The waitress said she didn't know we were there yet there were plenty around us setting empty tables. Unacceptable service. The water park was fun but VERY in need of a fresh coat of paint. The fumes of chlorine are so heavy if you are sensitive you can't sit in there long before your eyes will start to burn. All in all, kids had a great time but next time it will be for one night and we'll plan on eating outside of the facility.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Patti K

Dear Guest,

I am glad that your stay overall was pleasant. We do our best to provide a fun and unforgettable experience for all of our guests! However, your experience at the Boogaloo, is exactly what you said, unacceptable. I apologize for the lack of service you experienced and rest assured this review was forwarded to the Boogaloo Cafe manager.

Thanks again for your review and we hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed 15 March 2013

Took two girls 9 and 10.
We arrived around 2 PM on 3-13-13 We checked in our room early.
The girls had so much to do. We never left the resort. From the minute they woke up till they
went to sleep They were busy. We arrived on a Wed and took advantage of the $10 deal.
Since we stayed two nights we also received the $50.00 Fun Card. We also ate there and took advantage of the deals to add money to the fun card. The water park kept them busy for many hours.. It was a great deal all around. The room wasnt brand new, but it also wasnt ran down.
It was very comfortable and a great value with kids..
We had a plane to catch at 1:40 and check out was at 11:00. The staff made it work where we didnt have to leave the hotel till 12:30. The kids played games till 12:15. It was wonderful. THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR A FABULOUS GETAWAY! I would recomend this place to anyone with kids...

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback!!

Reviewed 26 February 2013

The Pzazz is part of a large resort all within the same area, that consists of another hotel called the Catfish Bend Inn and Spa (21 or older and NO KIDS ALLOWED), Catfish Bend Casino, The Boogaloo Cafe, Gasoline Allie's Snack Bar, Hucks Harbor Indoor and outdoor waterpark (very small indoor waterpark), Fun City Arcade with some rides and Go Karts, King Pins Bowling alley, Lazer Town Tag, Coco Locos Gift Shop, Edgewater Cafe and a nice Mongolian Restaraunt.
The Pzazz is rundown and definently not worth $190.00 a night on the weekend! We have stayed in cleaner and nicer motels. Very run down building, hallways, elevators and rooms. There is really no other way to describe it. We have two different rooms on different floors and both smelled musty and old.
The Catfish Bend is AWESOME!

Room Tip: Heads up! If you take a room "Overlooking" the waterpark, you are actually "IN"...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank BBQME2
PzazzEntertainment, Guest Relations Manager at Pzazz Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2013

Dear Guest,

I'm so sorry that you didn't enjoy the room at our Pzazz Resort Hotel. It is true that the Waterpark view rooms overlook the indoor water park, but unfortunately that was not expressed to you as clearly as it should have been.

The rooms are normally kept very tidy, and I admit if you open up the sliding glass door to the balcony the smell of the pool will get into the room. Sometimes that chlorine smell does linger, and I apologize if that was unpleasant. Be sure to mention that the next time you book a room, and we may suggest a room that doesn't overlook the indoor water park.

I assume that given the price you have shared you reserved one of our 8 person family rooms. I'm not sure if you had less than 8 people, but we do have standard 2 queen bedrooms that start at $109 on the weekends based on availability.

I'm also very glad you enjoyed our Catfish Bend and hope you decide to stay with us again! We appreciate your business!

Reviewed 17 February 2013

We stayed for one night on 2/15. The room itself was clean-had two beds, microwave and fridge. Heat worked well and beds were fine. Both clocks were incorrect and had completely different times, which initially we did not realize. The main issue was with check in. We arrived a little after one, and was told that our room was not ready, but would be soon, and to check back every so often to see if it was available. We checked back every 30 minutes, and it was finally ready a few minutes after 4 (it was guaranteed to be ready by 4). Also, while the room does include tickets to the water park, it is definitely overpriced for what you get. We used a number of the attractions at the resort-which I have reviewed in a different review.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Larissa M
PzazzEntertainment, Guest Relations Manager at Pzazz Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2013

Dear Guest,

I'm glad that overall you enjoyed your stay! We strive to do our very best and your feedback is a very important factor in helping us accomplish this!

Regarding the clocks, I'm so very sorry about that! I will be sure that housekeeping synchronizes those clocks for future stays.

We hope to see you again very soon! Be sure to book well in advance for this may be why the room price seemed high. Our room rates increase as we sell out of rooms. Also, ask about our packages! We have many packages available that may help cut overall costs for your visit!

Thanks again!

Reviewed 1 February 2013

If you're looking for a getaway for the kids, this place is great. Between the Arcadium and the water park, there always seems to be something for them to do. We've stayed before on the weekend, and it's always been overrun with kids of all ages. Most recently (1/31/13) we stayed on a weekday, and I found it much more relaxing. The kiddie pool is open earlier than the waterslides, but the waterslides did open after 3pm when more lifeguards came on duty. The kiddie pool equipment could use some TLC, but I didn't see anything that raised red flags for safety concerns.This time we did get a poolside room, and it wasn't nearly as loud as I was expecting. As for the rest, the room was a room, a place to sleep. Beds were comfortable, although I would have preferred more pillows, but that's me. I didn't notice any odors like previous reviewers mentioned, and I usually have a very sensitive sniffer. Hotel staff was absent for the most part, but for a change the arcade area was very well staffed, with helpful staff too.
We'll be back as the kids love it and it's not horribly expensive.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Kathryn S

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for visiting our facility! We are very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again in the future!

Thank You!