“Dirty room”
Review of Pzazz Resort Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Burlington
Pzazz Resort Hotel
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Burlington
Reviewed 28 May 2013 via mobile

Dirty halls. Dirty lobby. Dirty room..toe nail clippings on the floor, hairs in the batheoom, dirty walls.I called and notified the front...only got an I Am Sorry. Never again. We were so disappointed. The price was for a water park we never used...casino next door was nice.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank IowanTraveler
PzazzEntertainment, Guest Relations Manager at Pzazz Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review! I'm very sorry for your dissatisfaction with the cleanliness of the establishment. Our housekeeping staff is normally very good about keeping the place nice and clean for all our guests to enjoy! I will be sure to forward your comments onto our housekeeping supervisor, so that we may look into this further!

Thank you!
866-792-9948

Reviewed 21 May 2013

Stayed at Pzazz/FunCity while in town to see family. This is our 3rd stay upon the property. It seems EVERY time we have come here, we have issues. First time with noise, second time we were seriously harrassed and followed around by hotel security due to my disabled son's service dog and this time the room was ridiculously dirty and had all kinds of issues. Once we checked in, we immediately called the front desk because 2 of the lamps didn't even have light bulbs! Also, one of the bed comforters had what appeared to be dirty footprints all over it. The first night, our room was a sweatbox as the A/C did not work. These issues were quickly resolved by friendly staff. The bathroom was disgusting and had brown stains all over the walls

Indoor waterpark is really showing it's age. Lots of rust on structures. Also, better keep an eye on the kiddos, because the lifeguards aren't very attentive.

Ate at Boogaloo's. Food is reasonably priced and quite good!

We played in the arcade and had a snack at Gasoline Alley. The staff at Gasoline Alley aren't very thrilled to be working there. Or maybe they ALL were having a bad day? Not very warm greeting here!

Go-cart area employees have no professionalism at all. At one point, service was delayed because two of the employees were nose to nose screaming at each other. It was very awkward. Management really needs to address this. My children were nervous to go back in there after that.

One curious observation - The adult side with the casino,etc has beautiful entrance, very clean, gorgeous landscaping etc. Then you go around back to the entrance to Pzaz/FunCity and it's a dump! A lot of weeds, over filled garbage cans, etc. Guess they know where the money comes in...

From now on, we're staying elsewhere.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Bighouse4304

Dear Guest,

I'm very sorry about all the negative aspects of your stay! However, I am very glad our wonderful staff was able to correct most of the issues you experienced.

We also apologize for the negative impact the water park had on your visit. Please know, we are actively looking into various solutions for these issues, and we apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you.

At Gasoline Allies, whether the servers were having a bad day or not, poor customer service is unacceptable. We will address this issue immediately.

I'm very glad that you enjoyed the food and the staff at Boogaloo Cafe! Your feedback good and bad is very important to us, and we thank you for leaving it!

We hope you reconsider staying with us in the future! We have much to offer with not only our attractions, but our friendly staff as well!

866-792-9948

Reviewed 19 May 2013

Our family stayed for a baseball tournament and while the room was mediocre, the price was sky high. The boys on the team enjoyed the indoor water park, but tired of it quickly as it is geared to children 10 and under. Older children like ours enjoyed the game/go-cart area much more.

The Boogaloo Cafe was decent and very reasonable by hotel standards.

Amenities aside, the room was dank and dark with a prevailing musty smell and poor beds. The humidity for rooms by the water park is off the chart. Our teammates apparently had dehumidifiers in their rooms,we didn't. Everything stuck to you and clothing didn't dry even when hung overnight. The wallpaper was peeling in places and the room was in need of an update.

On a positive note, if you are tall the shower head actually is at a level to hit your head without squatting as happens to me in many hotel showers.

If we play in Burlington again in the future we'll look to make the 90 minutes commute,

Room Tip: Stay away from water park rooms unless you love 90% humidity.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Kevin G

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review!

Our room rates are based on the availability of the hotel during the time you reserve your room. Meaning, the farther in advance you book, the lower the rates may be. There are instances were sports teams that stay in our hotel, such as yourself, book almost a year in advance and set up blocks of rooms. By blocking off 10 or more rooms you may qualify for a discount.

As for the condition of your room, it is true that the water park view rooms are subject to the elements of the water park such as chlorine and humidity. Those issues do not go unnoticed, and I am sorry if it caused any inconvenience. We are currently exploring options to help fix those issues. I hope that you reconsider visiting us again, and be sure to ask for a room that is not water park view. Hopefully, that will be more pleasant for you.

Thanks again for your feedback!

Reviewed 7 May 2013

I stayed here with my son and his friend for his birthday. The room was adequate. It was clean and comfortable. We did not spend a lot of time in the room as we spent most of the time at Fun City. I don't have a lot to say on this hotel because I had very little interaction with hotel staff, only at check in/out. Everything went smooth and quick as far as that goes. I have stayed at many hotels over the years and this was a step above average. It was kind of pricey, but you are paying for the access to the games and water park. The waterpark was not as big as expected and was kind of geared toward smaller kids (under 12) in my opinion. Overall, I would probably stay here again just because of the convenience of Fun City. This place did not wow me, however.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Brian F
PzazzEntertainment, Guest Relations Manager at Pzazz Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review!

I'm happy to hear that your visit was pleasant, however, I'm sorry it wasn't extraordinary! I hope that you enjoyed our facility enough to come and visit us again! We appreciate your business!

Reviewed 21 April 2013

The old saying of you never have a second chance to make a good first impression applys here. We stayed at this hotel because of a baseball tournament in town. The hotel has a small waterpark, arcade with go-karts and is connected to a land based casino. Everything seemed odd. To find what we think was the main entrance you had to drive around the casino to the rear of the property. Other than a small parking lot and a modest sign, you could pass by it easily. My impression of the hotel is one of a lower level chain motel. Check-in was fine as well as all of the personnel we met. Normally at check in you would get a small map of the hotel to show your room location and where their amenitites are. We received nothing. The room was at best an average 2 star room. Everything seemed worn and dated. I question how well the rooms were cleaned and serviced since immediately after arriving in the room we had to call the front desk for toilet paper (none in the room). The beds were well used and creaked whenever you moved. Even though the outside temperature was in the upper 30's we had to have the room air conditioner running at maximum to cool the room to a reasonable level. I have no idea what they do during the summer! The hair dryer was on a hanger attached to the shower splash. The following morning I found soap wrappers from the previous guest on the shelves in the shower stall. Really makes you wonder how well it was really cleaned. The hotel/casino is supposed to have three restaurants although I only ever found two. The waterpark was so loaded with chlorine it was difficult to enjoy it. Although the kids loved the arcade and go-karts there simply isn't enough value there for me not to look elsewhere the next time.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
PzazzEntertainment, Guest Relations Manager at Pzazz Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2013

Dear Guest,

I agree with you 100%. First impressions are very important. It looks as though your first impression of our establishment wasn't great, and for that, I am truly sorry.

Normally, we do supply maps to all of our guests with their room key, as well as having them posted all over the complex. I apologize that you didn't receive a map at check in, and that you were not informed of the different maps on site. The rear entrance you were directed to was to provide you with a more convenient parking option, we are sorry for any confusion.

We do our very best in keeping the Hotel rooms clean and orderly for the next guest to enjoy. The fact that basic amenities were missing and some garbage was looked over is unacceptable.

All of your concerns have been forwarded to members of management so they are aware of these issues. Thank you so much for your review. We really appreciate it!

Reviewed 20 April 2013

We rented the bunk bed suite to have my 9 yr old daughters birthday party. The room was nice, however, it was poolside with no access to the pool/waterpark from the room. The room came with 8 wristbands for kids to swim, but parents and relatives who came by to see her could not even access the pool without purchasing a 5 dollar wristband just to WATCH kids swim. They also do not allow any outside food or beverages around the poolside unless it is purchased from their snack bar or restaurant, so we had to walk all the way around the place to our room with wet kids just to eat and have birthday cake. There were several families asked to leave the swimming area for not having wristbands for all the non-swimming adults and visitors. It ended up being a really expensive terrible experience. We wouldn't recommend it, it's waaaay overrated.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback! It is true, in order to get into Huck's Harbor every attendee needs to pay for a wristband to enter. We do this because it helps us to keep track of the number of people in the water park for capacity reasons. The same goes for water park access from your room. In order to help keep track of who is in Huck's Harbor we need to have everyone come in the same doors. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. If you decide to book a birthday party with us be sure to mention that you are coming for a birthday party. For groups of 6 or more we currently offer a package that if booked 7 days in advance gains you access to Huck's Harbor for half price!

We currently don't allow any outside food or beverage in the water park due to health reasons. However, we do allow you to bring in a birthday cake to help celebrate your special occasion.

Again, I apologize that your visit wasn't what you had hoped for! I hope that you will consider coming again to visit very soon!

Reviewed 15 April 2013

My in-laws took us (15 total with kids ranging from 8 months to 15) on an overnight stay so our children could enjoy all that "Fun City" has to offer. The good news is that there is plenty to do for kids of all ages. The arcade is fun, the bowling is great, and the indoor waterpark is great for younger kids....my 15 year old nephew was bored. There are 2 indoor slides and a small pool plus rock wall for the older kids. The indoor waterpark is geared for the little kids. We went to the waterpark about 2:30 - BAD decision. It was packed and hard to keep track of the kids. The chlorine smell is so strong my eyes were burning and my throat was sore when we left. We ate supper at the Boogaloo Cafe. I recommend calling ahead. We had to wait for 20 minutes and the service was slow. Not good for over tired kids. The food was very good. We got back to our room about 8:45. Thank heavens the kids were exhausted and slept hard....because it was the loudest hotel I have EVER stayed at. There was a birthday party for preteens on the floor and another gathering right across the hall from us. There were kids running down the hall, pounding on the doors, doors slamming and kids screaming until after 11pm. I called security and they came to address the noise across the hall. I do believe that there should have been more monitoring of the halls after a certain time. I had to call security again at 1:30am when there was a fight and yelling in the parking lot outside of our window. It was horrible loud most of the night. I think I slept from 2am until 6am....maybe. We ate breakfast at Edgewater Grill. I would not recommend it. The eggs had no taste and were cold. It was mediocre at best. Overall, not the getaway I was hoping for. I was exhausted and hungry by the time we got home.

Room Tip: I would request a room away from any large parties of kids...and on the parking lot side, NOT waterp...
1  Thank Rachel M

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review! I am glad that security was able to address your noise complaint, and I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced due to another guest in the hotel. We try our very best to control such situations.

Your dissatisfaction with the food at Edgewater has been forwarded to the appropriate parties and I thank you again for letting us know how your visit at our establishment went. We hope to see you again!