“Great hotel for the price!”
Review of Super 8 Burlington

Super 8 Burlington
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Burlington
Farmington, Illinois
“Great hotel for the price!”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

This is a great cheap hotel. We stayed 2 nights while visiting Fun City. The beds were comfortable and the room was roomy. The breakfast had limited choices, but it tied us over until lunch time. It is right next to a factory that has a noisy machine going all the time, but you can request a room away from the street. We were 3 rooms down from the street side and didn't hear anything with the air on. We will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
super8burlingtoniowa, General Manager at Super 8 Burlington, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Thanks so much for your kind words. We really enjoyed your time here with us. We sure hope you will come back to visit us soon and remember we would appreciate being your lodging choice in this area.

Carol Makoui, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Owosso
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I chose this Super 8 because of the location and the price. We were in town to watch our Lansing Lugnuts play the Burlington Bees. The hotel was very convenient to the ballpark. Check in was fine, not particularly friendly, but fine. The room was very clean. We were in room 101 which was on the far north side towards Winegard across the street which ran a piece of equipment that was a constant loud bang all night. I was afraid we would be disturbed, but running the fan on the air conditioner was enough to mask the noise. The breakfast was fine with the usual choices.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you so very for lodging with us, it was a pleasure having you and your business, we really appreciate your business. We look forward to your next stay with us, please call us any time as we will always make room for you.

Burlington, Iowa
Reviewed 24 July 2014

The hotel was reasonably priced and the rooms were decent, but upon checkout it was awful. The woman who checked us in was pleasant and helpful! The stay was uneventful, breakfast was nothing to write home about, but at least they had something. After I returned home my card was charge an additional fee. When I called the hotel to question them, the staff and manager were rude. She says she called me, she has not. I asked her what number she has and she couldn't provide that. She said she would call me back the following day, which was two days ago and haven't heard a word. No one will answer when I call and finally I just called my credit card company to dispute the charge since the hotel doesn't feel the need to correctly charge people for penalties upon checkout. Ridiculous this has to go on....... Won't be staying there again. I will not worry about employees using credit card information at their whim and then refusing to justify it.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
I am writing to say I understand your upset with the outcome of your bill. I do not agree that I am not a hard working, and not competent as a manager though everyone is untitled to their own opinion. What I can explain to you is that I understand you have concerns about your bill and additional charge you incurred. I am sorry though if you have called I was not made aware of it. We strive to ensure all our guests are satisfied and if there is a / any issues what so ever they are addressed immediately to ensure you the guest are taken care of.

You did receive an additional charge to your card as all the hotel towels from the hotel guestroom were missing. We do charge for replacement of any missing hotel towels.
When these issues occur it makes it more difficult for all guests due to higher costs, rates increase and overall everyone seems to pay the overall price. I hope this clarifies any questions you had.
Thank you.
C. Makoui, General Manager

Travellers are raving about these Burlington hotels

SYLVANIA
Reviewed 22 June 2014

This hotel is NICE!!! Staff is friendly and very helpful. The room was clean and seemed to have been remodeled recently. We had a handicapped room because that was all that was left when I made the reservations. We have decided that we like the grab bars in the bathroom. Price was reasonable, especially with my AARP discount!!!! Weingard's Antenna Factory is directly across Kirkwood and they do run 2 shifts, but it wasn't that bad. We didn't partake of the breakfast because I've never liked the continental breakfasts, so I can't comment on it. The bed was very comfortable except that it was a full size and I'm used to a queen. Towels and wash cloths were sparkling white and thick, not old and tired!!

Room Tip: Try to get on the south end, especially if noise bothers you. The antenna factory is across the stre...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thanks. We are glad to know that you will be back. We try to ensure each and everyone of our guests are happy when they check in and when they are checking out. Whatever you need, all you need to do is ask, if there is anything we can do to make your stay better we will, we value your business.

See you again real soon.