“Very nice dinner at Chef's Table”
Review of Chef's Table

Chef's Table
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Burcht
Price range: US$17 - US$45
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Antwerp, Belgium
“Very nice dinner at Chef's Table”
Reviewed 10 January 2013

We went for dinner on a busy Saturday evening with a party of 4. This was our 3rd visit and the quality of the food and service clearly went "crescendo". Our first time some years ago was just so so. I didn't write a review then but I do remember that we found the menu quite uninspired. Our second visit, about six months ago was a lot better. The prix fix menu was well balanced and the accompanying wines were well chosen.

On our last visit we chose different things from the menu and everything was super! I had the goose liver as a starter (delicious) and the other people of our party had the scallops which they found perfect! My main course, the sweetbread must have been the best I ever had and the duck breast of the others was cooked just to perfection. The wines were not unforgettable, but definitely better than average.

I would have had no trouble giving it the absolute maximum rate, only on serving the Irish and French coffees, things got mixed up a bit. Nothing terrible, just the only little flaw that prevented our dinner from being absolutely perfect.

Prices are reasonable as the quality of the food is outstanding. Except for the one mix-up, service was impeccable and extremely friendly! I've eaten in lots of places in Antwerp-city, but
this restaurant was one of the best I visited! We'll definitely be back!

• Visited January 2013