“cedar falls super 8 with autumn”

Super 8 Cedar Falls
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Cedar Falls

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Boonville, Missouri
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Went to Cedar Falls to check out houses as I am relocating there shortly. Upon arriving at the Super 8, I was a bit concerned because the lobby was full of travelers who had booked their reservation on an opaque web site and the reservations didn't seem to be in order. However, having booked on Wyndham Rewards, I was certain I wasn't going to have that problem, and I was correct. My reservation was waiting for me.

It was a little weird to discover there is no elevator in the building, so be aware of that if you get a second-floor room. We had to schlep our luggage up a flight of stairs...not something we wanted to do when we arrived late at night.

Other than that, it was a good room for the price. The mattresses were particularly comfortable for a value-chain hotel, and the room was spacious and airy. The pool is adequate, and there is a TV installed above the hot tub, so we could sit in the hot tub and watch a baseball game.

Breakfast was adequate, for a value-chain hotel.

I would probably stay here again, as long as it was priced significantly less than the next tier of hotels (Hilton Garden Inn, etc).

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the first floor...there is no elevator in this building.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Stayed at the cedar falls super8 last weekend. excellent room, clean and quiet. friendly staff, Free breakfast was nice because we had are family with us. The kids loved the pool. The staff let us take in pizza and have are family from town come and eat in the pool with us. It was a great place to stay.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
West Des Moines, Iowa, United States
Reviewed 23 September 2013

The old addage holds true. You get what you pay for. I spent two days killing gnats and fruit flies. When I went looking for the source, I found it was a build up of brown "stuff" under the rim of the sink. Once I scrubbed it off, and killed the bugs, I didnt see any come back. The Housekeeper didnt clean the room, and was very rude when I mentioned the gnats. The pool had clumps of pubic hair floating, didnt have any towels, and the hot tub water was brown and had a nasty ring above the water line. I will not be returning.

Room Tip: There are better hotels in the same block that will offer a clean room.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Bedford
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Impressed with this motel. Clean lobby, clean room, flat screen TV, fridge, microwave, coffee maker in room. Very friendly, helpful staff. Breakfast is average, but staff are very good about keeping everything well stocked. Comfortable beds. If we are in the area again, we will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple