“Nice Hotel - Poor Service”

AmericInn Lodge and Suites Cedar Falls
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Cedar Falls
Cloquet
“Nice Hotel - Poor Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2013

Very nice property, great room with a king bed. Unfortunately the experience was diminished by the young boys running around the pool area after 10 p.m. (adults only from 10 pm - midnight was what was stated). Don't get me wrong, I believe all guests have the right to use the pool, but my husband and I purposely look for accommodations that allow adults time alone in the pool. When addressed with staff, evidently this is common and nothing to get to worked up about. But again, a nice property.

Room Tip: Property allows locals to use the pool and allows pool parties, ask about any booked prior.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank FarmGirl62
AnnaSGM, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge and Suites Cedar Falls, responded to this review, 30 January 2013
I am very happy that you like our hotel and that you are letting us know where we went wrong.
We strive to make each guest enjoy there stay in all area's of the hotel and I very sorry that your pool experience was not what it should have been. I want to assure you that I am talking to my staff and we are making sure our policies are put in place. We look forward to your next visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Lees Summit
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2013

I had the great pleasure of staying at this fantastic AmericInn in Cedar Falls last week and was VERY impressed with everything that I experienced. The service was great, the room was incredible, the rate was great, the bed was comfortable and the room was very clean. I would recommend this location to anyone who travels!!!
You will not be sorry that you stayed here!!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Rick M
Thank You Rick I am so glad you had a great stay with us.
We strive to make sure sure our hotel clean and comfortable for our guest.
We look forward to your next visit.
Owatonna, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2013

In all my business travels this AmericInn is at the top of my list! The service I received was AMAZING!!! Everybody on the staff was kind and helpful, I appreciated everything they did to help me out!!!! The room was Clean and the room service kept the room looking very tidy.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Margaret J
AnnaSGM, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge and Suites Cedar Falls, responded to this review, 27 January 2013
Thank you Margret for your Amazing review it is our pleasure to make all guest feel
welcomed. The staff enjoys keeping the hotel beautiful for all of our guest to enjoy.
We hope to see you again.
Frederick MD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2013

As a business traveller who is away some 200 days per year, I look for great value, clean rooms and that "little extra" in a hotel. My business has taken to Cedar Falls for stays of one week to two weeks in duration and the AmericInn has always exceeded my expectations. From the "omelette lady" every morning, to the cookies in the afternoon, to the quaint & friendly bar - this place is an "easy" stay. The rooms are good, the TV stations plentiful, the morning buffet varied and the service is EXCELLENT!! The staff are what makes this place on my top 5 places around the world to stay. I've stay in luxury hotels all over the world, but this little mid-western hotel makes you feel like you're at home and not just another guest. Kudos to the staff.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank jakej
We are so happy to have you and your business at the hotel.
Your review makes me feel very proud to be in this business,
and a employee of the Americinn. We look forward to your next visit.
Litchfield, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2013

This is a very clean hotel from top to bottom. Quiet rooms, good breakfast and friendly staff. I had difficulty with my key card and desk staff immediately came to assist me. He had momentary difficulty also but probably so as not to make me feel foolish. I occasionally have business or pleasure trips and always have a good experience at AmericInn. I would stay here again if I'm ever in the area.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank CrowRiverAlpacas
Thank you for going to trip advisor and letting others know about our staff.
We take great pride to make sure all of our guest feel welcome and that our hotel feels like home
when you are away from yours. We look forward to your next visit.
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2012

Service and everything were great. americInn are good for that. I enjoy the reward program because of the cash back or sometime save enough and get pretty good deal on a rooms vouchers. Which I do. This hotel needs comforters NOT just blankets in between sheets sheeted. Where was comforter? Everything else about the hotel was good.

Room Tip: Close to the airport.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank mlickne1
Thank you for letting me know how your stay was I am always thrilled to see how we are doing.
I would like you to know that we are looking to buy comforters for our beds. I look forward to your next visit.
perry, ia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2012

I must travel to Cedar Falls/Waterloo every other week for business. Trying to find the right mix of comfort, good location, and good clean hotel is sometimes hard to do. This hotel is so far the best that I have found in the area. Recently remodeled this hotel has a nice blend of great rooms at descent prices and little extras with wonderful staff. My room was quiet, very clean, with a great bed that gave me a good nights sleep. Nicely decorated throughout the hotel and especially in the rooms with nice touches such as new flat screen TV, microwave, fridge, and descent furniture. I can't put my finger on just on thing that knocks this one out of the park, just a combination of everything together making for a great stay. I will definitely be back again and again!

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet due to sound proof walls but if you don't want to hear any noise like people...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Eric C
AnnaSGM, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge and Suites Cedar Falls, responded to this review, 9 December 2012
Eric I can not express to you how I felt when I read your survey.
We strive to make each guest feel like they are walking in to
there home away from home. We look forward to your next visit.