“Friendly staff and great omlets for breakfast”

AmericInn Lodge and Suites Cedar Falls
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Cedar Falls
Bussey, IA
“Friendly staff and great omlets for breakfast”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

The manager makes fresh omlets for you on Tues - Thursday mornings. The staff are friendly.
Rooms are recently renovated. New key system installed. Fridge and microwave in the rooms I have stayed in. Pool area is clean.

Room Tip: no elevator, so request 1st floor if stairs are an issue.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Cheryl C
AnnaSGM, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge and Suites Cedar Falls, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
I love making your omelette Cheryl when you stay at the hotel. My favorite part of the day is breakfast with my guest. Thank you for letting other's know about the elevator it helps to know all guest need's prior to there arrival.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Webster City, Iowa
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We arrived and felt home right at arrival. Clerk was extremely nice, especially after hearing what brought us to his hotel. He was even apologizing to us that we had a bad experience at the prior hotel. Once you walk it you have a warm inviting waiting area with a fireplace, coffee bar, and tables to sit at. We checked into a king suite and once we walked in it was amazing. Huge room, Jacuzzi tub, bed was comfortable. The only bad thing was that the timer for the tub was on the other side of the wall and it was so warn down that instead of being able to set it for 60 minutes it only sets for 6 minutes. I enjoyed just relaxing in the tub without the jet streams so it was ok for me. The whole hotel was quite, you could hear a few kids or loud adults once in awhile, but it wasn't like any other hotel we have stayed it. It was nice and relaxing. The breakfast was exceptional, it was like a mini buffet. There was anything you could want there. Eggs, biscuits and gravy, fruit, sausage, waffles with syrup or strawberries and whip cream, bagels, toast, muffins, bread (white, wheat, sourdough), cereals, apple juice, orange juice, I still am missing a lot. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Katie S
Thank you Katie for doing the survey on trip advisor. At the hotel we love how when our guest walk in they feel welcomed, I believe the fireplace does that. I would also like you to know that we are trying to figure out that timer on the hot tub. My staff and I look forward to your next visit.
Des Moines
Reviewed 18 July 2013

I think the rooms must have recently been renovated. The rooms are done in nice reds and browns. The pictures on the walls are nature prints and the TV is a flat panel. The rooms don't have a "hotel" feel to them. We stayed in room 109 and it was very clean. It was really quiet too we never heard our neighbors or any hallway traffic. We stayed on a Wednesday night in May and the total bill including tax was less than $110.00 AmericInn has a great breakfast. There is a waffle machine, sausage patties, along with the standard toast and cereal. There was an omelet bar and a staff member was making made to order omelets. This is by far one of my favorite hotel chains. The hotel is just a few minutes from the UNI campus and downtown Cedar Falls. I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank SillyG2003
AnnaSGM, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge and Suites Cedar Falls, responded to this review, 16 August 2013
I love hearing that guest love our newly remodeled hotel as much as I do.
Thank you for your wonderful review and I look forward to making you a omelette
on your next visit. Just remember I only do them on Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday mornings.
Hammond, Indiana
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Clean, great rate quite room.
There were a number of tradesmen staying in the hotel, and my room was next to the guest pay laundry. I was expecting a lot of noise, but the nights were quite. Breakfast was a real surprise. In addition to the usual mediocre hotel breakfast choices, there was a made to order omelet station. It was for limited hours during breakfast, but still a nice option.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Dan D
Dan we are very proud of the fact that our hotel is quiet.
Having a great night sleep in a hotel makes a person feel renewed
and recharged. My favorite part of the day is when I make omelette's
for my guest. I call that my Manager special.
Ankeny, Iowa
Reviewed 6 June 2013

The Cedar Falls AmericInn is my first choice for places to stay in Cedar Falls. Easy access to campus, shopping, dining, activities. The staff is always helpful, friendly and courteous. Rooms are clean and comfortable.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Julie B
Thank you Julie for your review. I'am always excited to hear that we are the first choice.
We look forward to your next visit.
Waterford, Wisconsin
Reviewed 21 April 2013

I visit Cedar Falls often and always stay at the Americinn Lodge and Suites Cedar Falls. The rooms are always clean and quiet. The hospitatility is great. They call me by name. Anna is very friendly and most importantly, she makes the best omelets ever!!!!! Way to go Anna!!!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are comfortable and quiet. I have no suggestions for anything better.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Cindi B
AnnaSGM, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge and Suites Cedar Falls, responded to this review, 8 May 2013
Thank you Cindi very much for taking the time to fill out this survey.
I really enjoy my time in morning making omelette's and laughing and talking to everyone.
Looking forward to your next visit see you soon!
Sioux City, Iowa
Reviewed 6 April 2013

We've stayed at this motel many times over the past few years and will continue to stay. The front staff is friendly to the point of remembering our name to offering any help in carrying our bags. The rooms are always clean and the pool area is a big plus for our grandson. One of the nicest motels around. Another benefit is a great breakfast area and always willing to leave it open just a little later in case we were running late. Worth staying.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Weathreye
I love love hearing that a guest has stayed with us many times and
has enjoyed there stay. I hope to see your grandson for you next stay.