“Highly recommended!”

AmericInn Lodge and Suites Cedar Falls
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Cedar Falls
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We have been staying at the Americinn for several years and it never disappoints! We are always greeted by name as we walk in. We feel always feel like we are the most important guests at the Americinn but know this is how ALL guests are treated! Jeremy is the best! He always remembers details about our family that we have shared with him. He always makes us feel very special but we know this is how he treats all guests! I have witnessed this first hand several times.

Our room was as it always is very comfortable and clean. Breakfast is fabulous! We will ALWAYS stay at the Americninn in Cedar Falls!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Gary R
AnnaSGM, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge and Suites Cedar Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Thank you for your wonderful comments about the staff and Jeremy.
We do strive to know our guest and make each stay better the last stay.
We look forward to see you next time you are in town.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Our kids attend or have attended UNI so we make trips to Cedar Falls at different times of the year.

Whenever we stay in Cedar Falls, we always stay at AmericInn! The rooms are very clean, quiet and very comfortable. The staff is very warm and welcoming and we always referred to by name when we visit. The staff has taken the time to get to know who we are though we only stay about 4 to 6 times per year. They are very genuine.

It is very refreshing that even though many, many stay at this hotel, when we come for a visit, we feel like we are special. I am very sure that they treat everyone this way. While we were checking in, a couple walked in hoping for a room but the hotel was booked solid. The manager, Jeremy researched and found lodging for this couple. He went above and beyond what I would have expected him to do on such a busy evening! I witnessed him doing this at least 2 more times while we were staying at Americinn, Cedar Falls.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a place to stay while in Cedar Falls!

Gary Sandy Reuter
Le Mars, IA

Room Tip: All rooms are very comfortable, quiet and clean!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sandra R

Thank you for your kind words and I want you to know that we think you are special to us!
We strive to make it a point to know our guest and love to see returning guest.
Thank you once again and we look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

The Americinn is a very nice, clean hotel with a warm and welcoming staff. It's quiet and easy to get a good night's sleep. They have a good breakfast spread as well. I recommend this hotel very highly.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Coldhotel

Thank you for your wonderful response. We strive to do our best with each guest.
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our hot breakfast,
we look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

When I booked this room, I requested a non smoking and received a smoking room. I even contacted them prior to arrival when I looked over the itinerary and asked them to change it. They did not. The man at the desk was not apologetic. I asked for a discount and he refused to give me one. He didn't seem to care whatsoever that I wasn't pleased. Our room was disgusting!! It smelled like 30 years of bad smoke!! We couldn't sleep without the window wide open and the heat blasting which made me very uncomfortable since we were at ground level. I talked to the day staff and they said that they would check on the smell. When I checked back the woman said that she thought it smelled horible also! She said that it should not have smelled that bad because the cleaning service was suppose to put in an ionizer, which she felt that they must not of. The bathroom was gross. I saw a pubic hair in the bathtub, stains of feces on the base of the toilet. We come to this city every year for wrestling nationals and I will NEVER come back to this hotel or recommend it to any of my wrestling friends that we travel with. I am very disappointed that you couldn't even give me some money off of my stay! I would appreciate you sharing this with your managment.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

hank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at the AmericInn Cedar Falls. Our top priority is creating an environment in which our guests can relax, renew and recharge. We are truly sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my apologies for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay. Constructive feedback from our guests is crucial in our continued quest to provide unparalleled guest service and impeccably clean lodging accommodations.

I am sorry to hear that your experience was not satisfactory. I appreciate you letting me know about the issue with your room and we are working on a solution. As well, I appreciate you letting me know about your experience with my housekeeping staff. Without feedback on our guests stays; we cannot strive to improve every guests experience.
Again, I apologize for any inconvenience which you experienced. It is our wish that you will continue to benefit from our excellent accommodations, exceptional guest service and that you will honor us with another opportunity to exceed your expectations. We are dedicated to providing the highest standards of service for our guest and I can assure you we will do everything we can to make your stay a comfortable and happy one. We look forward to serving you again in the future and will once again say, “Welcome to the end of the day”.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

I've been staying at this hotel for over 6 years. Because of a territory change this is my last stay here. I'm going to miss my home away from home. The hotel staff go above and beyond to make my stays enjoyable. I will truly miss staying at this property and would recommend to anyone!

2  Thank Tracy M
AnnaSGM, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge and Suites Cedar Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Tracy I can not express to you how in the six years that you have been staying with how enjoyable
it has been for me. I have loved our talks about the rabbit shows. Hopefully the Cedar Valley area will have those so we will see you again. Thank you for being our loyal guest for this long.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Anna and Jeremy at the front desk are amazing. Very attentive and genuinely want to do whatever they can to make a guests stay better. Jeremy happened to walk by my room as I was leaving and noticed a slight squeak of the door. He asked if he could fix it with a little WD40 before I left so it wouldn't disturb me later. They both also great you like they know you - whether they do or not. It is nice when you travel for work and do not know people in the area. Also - Anna makes amazing omelets on Thursdays for guests. Nice to have something other than the same thing every hotel offers.

1  Thank Angela E

Angela it is always wonderful to see you at each visit.
We take great pride in making sure that you feel that you as comfortable and safe at each visit like you would if you were at home. I look forward to your next visit.
Thank you again Angela.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

Very friendly staff. My only problems were shower head that had no spray and toilet that stuck ever time you flushed. It seems like cleaning people would catch this but I guess not because 2 different hotels I stayed after that with in 5 days same problem.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Gary I would like to thank you letting me know how wonderful my staff is.
We take great pride in making sure each guest has a relaxing stay.
I want to assure you that I will look into the shower heads and get that corrected so
you can have one hotel to stay at and that would be us. We look forward to your next visit so we can make sure of that.