“Outstanding”

Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Cedar Falls
Afton
“Outstanding”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Had 9 high school girls with me. They made sure the rooms were together. The rooms were in excellant condition. The pool area was great. The breakfast area was well stocked with a variety of options. The staff was very helpful with directions. Everyone enjoyed the stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

2 Thank Gail T
AnnaSGM, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge and Suites Cedar Falls, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at the AmericInn Cedar Falls. Iam glad to hear that you have had a great stay with us at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our wonderful guests after they have stayed with us.

We hope the girls enjoyed the waffles and the pool area

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Spring Valley
Reviewed 25 June 2014

From the moment we checked in, until the moment we checked out, all of the staff was outstanding! We could not have been more pleased. We found clean, nice smelling rooms. This was business with family.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

AnnaSGM, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge and Suites Cedar Falls, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Thank you for your review. We at the Americinn are always happy when the family comes with our business guest. It is wonderful to hear your comments about the staff we feel are guest are truly our family when they walk through our doors. We look forward to your next visit.
Newell, Iowa
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We have stayed here before, but we didn't care for our room this time. It was on first floor and it had a funny odor and we would have preferred one in a different area of the hotel. We have had one with a fireplace and that was very nice. They could improve on their breakfast also. Otherwise, it was fine.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
AnnaSGM, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge and Suites Cedar Falls, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
I'am very sorry to hear that this stay was not what you expected.
I would like you to know that I will talk to my staff about your concerns,
and make every effort to fix the mistakes. We hope that when you are in town
again that you will give us another chance to exceed your expectations,and our's.
Le Mars
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We have been staying at the Americinn for several years and it never disappoints! We are always greeted by name as we walk in. We feel always feel like we are the most important guests at the Americinn but know this is how ALL guests are treated! Jeremy is the best! He always remembers details about our family that we have shared with him. He always makes us feel very special but we know this is how he treats all guests! I have witnessed this first hand several times.

Our room was as it always is very comfortable and clean. Breakfast is fabulous! We will ALWAYS stay at the Americninn in Cedar Falls!

1 Thank Gary R
Thank you for your wonderful comments about the staff and Jeremy.
We do strive to know our guest and make each stay better the last stay.
We look forward to see you next time you are in town.
Le Mars, Iowa
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Our kids attend or have attended UNI so we make trips to Cedar Falls at different times of the year.

Whenever we stay in Cedar Falls, we always stay at AmericInn! The rooms are very clean, quiet and very comfortable. The staff is very warm and welcoming and we always referred to by name when we visit. The staff has taken the time to get to know who we are though we only stay about 4 to 6 times per year. They are very genuine.

It is very refreshing that even though many, many stay at this hotel, when we come for a visit, we feel like we are special. I am very sure that they treat everyone this way. While we were checking in, a couple walked in hoping for a room but the hotel was booked solid. The manager, Jeremy researched and found lodging for this couple. He went above and beyond what I would have expected him to do on such a busy evening! I witnessed him doing this at least 2 more times while we were staying at Americinn, Cedar Falls.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a place to stay while in Cedar Falls!

Gary Sandy Reuter
Le Mars, IA

Room Tip: All rooms are very comfortable, quiet and clean!
1 Thank Sandra R
Thank you for your kind words and I want you to know that we think you are special to us!
We strive to make it a point to know our guest and love to see returning guest.
Thank you once again and we look forward to your next stay.
Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

The Americinn is a very nice, clean hotel with a warm and welcoming staff. It's quiet and easy to get a good night's sleep. They have a good breakfast spread as well. I recommend this hotel very highly.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Coldhotel
Thank you for your wonderful response. We strive to do our best with each guest.
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our hot breakfast,
we look forward to your next stay.
Wisconsin
Reviewed 6 May 2014

When I booked this room, I requested a non smoking and received a smoking room. I even contacted them prior to arrival when I looked over the itinerary and asked them to change it. They did not. The man at the desk was not apologetic. I asked for a discount and he refused to give me one. He didn't seem to care whatsoever that I wasn't pleased. Our room was disgusting!! It smelled like 30 years of bad smoke!! We couldn't sleep without the window wide open and the heat blasting which made me very uncomfortable since we were at ground level. I talked to the day staff and they said that they would check on the smell. When I checked back the woman said that she thought it smelled horible also! She said that it should not have smelled that bad because the cleaning service was suppose to put in an ionizer, which she felt that they must not of. The bathroom was gross. I saw a pubic hair in the bathtub, stains of feces on the base of the toilet. We come to this city every year for wrestling nationals and I will NEVER come back to this hotel or recommend it to any of my wrestling friends that we travel with. I am very disappointed that you couldn't even give me some money off of my stay! I would appreciate you sharing this with your managment.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

hank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at the AmericInn Cedar Falls. Our top priority is creating an environment in which our guests can relax, renew and recharge. We are truly sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my apologies for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay. Constructive feedback from our guests is crucial in our continued quest to provide unparalleled guest service and impeccably clean lodging accommodations.

I am sorry to hear that your experience was not satisfactory. I appreciate you letting me know about the issue with your room and we are working on a solution. As well, I appreciate you letting me know about your experience with my housekeeping staff. Without feedback on our guests stays; we cannot strive to improve every guests experience.
Again, I apologize for any inconvenience which you experienced. It is our wish that you will continue to benefit from our excellent accommodations, exceptional guest service and that you will honor us with another opportunity to exceed your expectations. We are dedicated to providing the highest standards of service for our guest and I can assure you we will do everything we can to make your stay a comfortable and happy one. We look forward to serving you again in the future and will once again say, “Welcome to the end of the day”.