“Fine for a nights sleep.”

Days Inn Cedar Falls- University Plaza
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Cedar Falls
Grove City, Ohio, United States
“Fine for a nights sleep.”
Reviewed 6 November 2013

We arrived in the hotel late at night during a road trip. Even though the hotel said we had a queen size bed I am sure it was a double or full size. We were bumping into each other all night and the bed was pretty rough. This hotel was okay for a night's sleep but made our belongings smell of smoke even though it was a non smoking room. Breakfast was okay too, but my husband's muffin had mold on it. Could happen anywhere, really.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Lindsay B, General Manager at Days Inn Cedar Falls- University Plaza, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to respond to us regarding your stay here. We apologize that the hotel did not meet or exceed your expectations. It is always our goal to provide a clean comfortable room at an affordable price to our guests while giving them friendly customer service and a reason to return. We appreciate you bringing these issues to our attention so that we can get them corrected right away. We hope that upon your next visit to Cedar Falls, you will give us another opportunity to prove ourselves. Thanks again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Davenport
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Everything about the room was fine and it is very handy to the University of Northern Iowa. When we first arrived at about 10 p.m., there was no attendant at the front desk. We had to make a call to summon someone to come and check us in.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Lindsay B, General Manager at Days Inn Cedar Falls- University Plaza, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
We appreciate your response about your stay at our hotel! I apologize that the front desk agent was away assisting another guest at the time and I hope that you were able to be helped in a timely manner, I do value this feedback though and will use it for improvements when possible. If you travel to Cedar Falls often to visit UNI, please let us know the next time that you come so that we can extend to you our "UNI rate"! Thanks again, we look forward to seeing you soon!
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I was charged for smoking in my room but did not. I AM a smoker and I DO smoke but not with my daughter in the same room. She stayed with me the night I am alleged of doing so. Now I will admit my clothes probably smell of smoke. Being a property manager that often has to pick up other peoples butt, I do not throw them on the ground. I did throw my butts away indoor but never lit up.This place smelled right when I walked in though. The staff was unfriendly. I complained about this at check out. This is how they made it right for me. I would NEVER stay here if I were you.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else. Or take pictures when exiting the location.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

#6 of 14 in Cedar Falls
Comfort Suites Cedar Falls
Comfort Suites Cedar Falls
#5 of 14 in Cedar Falls

Been to Days Inn Cedar Falls- University Plaza? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Days Inn Cedar Falls- University Plaza

Property: Days Inn Cedar Falls- University Plaza
Address: 5924 University Ave, Cedar Falls, IA 50613-5266
Region: United States > Iowa > Cedar Falls
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Cedar Falls
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2 star — Days Inn Cedar Falls- University Plaza 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Days Inn Cedar Falls- University Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Days Inn Cedar Falls-University Plaza Hotel Cedar Falls