“Great place to stay!”

Comfort Suites Cedar Falls
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Cedar Falls
“Great place to stay!”
Reviewed 29 October 2013

This is a great place to stay. My family has stayed here a few times, each stay has been pleasent. The front desk staff is always freindly and welcoming. From your first step through the door you will see how nice and clean this hotel is. The rooms are very spacious. I have to say the rooms here are always very nicley put together and clean. There is a pool area that is perfect for people with or with out children. With the zero entry it is great for even small children. Overall I give this hotel a perfect 10. Highly reccomend the Comfort Suites to anyone who is in need of a freindly, clean, and comfortable, place to stay whether it's for buisness or pleasure.

• Stayed October 2013
Angela B, General Manager at Comfort Suites Cedar Falls, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review for us! We appreciate your kind words. Feedback like this allows my staff to know what they are doing right or what we can improve on.
We look forward to your next visit!

Warm Regards,
Angela Burk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Denton, Texas
Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

We had a family gathering for memorial service for Mother/grandmother. Had folks flying and driving to Cedar Falls. I made arrangements for 6 rooms and enjoyed excellent handling of our variety of needs.
Staff showed great flexibility when delayed flight caused extra trouble and when we forgot some items behind - they had them for us.
Great breakfasts. Kids enjoyed pool. Successful family gathering!

JB

Stayed September 2013
Angela B, Manager at Comfort Suites Cedar Falls, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
J.B.

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review online regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Waterloo, Iowa
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Looking at the outside of the very nice located Hotel I thought this would be the perfect place for my 13 year olds small overnight birthday party. Having been here before but not overnight I knew about the nice full serve breakfast they had in the morning. Renting a 2 room suite started off odd being the whirlpool was smacked dab in the middle of the room. After the kids came up from a couples hours of exhausted swimming we knew there was obviously way to much cholrine they way their eyes were so blood shot & they didn't get to much more comfortable after that because we were told they do not have cots anymore which meant they must not have had any extra pillows and blankets either because we were denied them also. As the rude man next to us told the kids to keep it down, it was before midnight with a total of 4 kids. I sure hoped breakfast would be ok. Needless to say I was overall disappointed but the best part is that the kids still had a good time a didn't notice.

Room Tip: Know everything you can about the room and what it comes with and what they will provide.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Angela B, General Manager at Comfort Suites Cedar Falls, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete an online review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for your less than perfect stay. Because all of our suites have pull-out sofa-sleepers, we do not keep cots in stock. We do have extra blankets and pillows on hand for requests, I am very sorry that this was not offered to you.
This honeymoon suite is better suited for a max occupancy of 2-3 people. Had we known the occasion for which you were staying we would have recommended another room!

Reviewed 27 August 2013

This hotel is a Great place to stay. it is very nice. I would recommend this hotel to a friend. I would definitely stay again. The staff is very friendly. The room was very nice.This hotel is a Great place to stay. it is very nice. I would recommend this hotel to a friend. I would definitely stay again. The staff is very friendly. The room was very nice.

• Stayed August 2013
We would like to thank you for taking the time to complete an online review. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay.

Kind Regards,

Ankeny, Iowa, United States
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Before I made the reservation the day before staying, I called the hotel directly to make sure the pool and hot tub were up to par. Was told they were so booked as a bit less than Americinn. Wish I stayed there! Evie was VERY helpful & friendly but only told me temp of pool, not that heater was out & it was FREEZING! (Very warm hot tub with low jets & a kiddie pool with water feature! And the very friendly maintenance man apologized for the heater in the morning.) But I wanted to work out in pool during most of my stay ; decent equipment in workout room too. Very impressed with size of breakfast area-more seats than number of rooms! But nothing was refilled between 8 & 8:45 and was very low to start @ 8 am. No host, coffee; nothing cleaned. Only 1 checkout. When I checked out, lady didn't know how to do a cash refund either and was not overly kind about it. Also, ask if there will be John Deere interns as they were very rude young 'adults'!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Searc50023
Thank you for taking the time to complete on online review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay. The pool repair was made the following day. This was one day too late! You also should not have had to encounter a sparse breakfast and check out issues. Due to the number of issues you encountered I would like you to contact me at your earliest convenience so I can make things right!

319-273-9999 x402
Johnstown, Colorado
Reviewed 29 July 2013

It was clean and the room was comfortable, which met my minimal expectations. The pool area was nice but the pool water was very cold, so my family (married with 4 kids) did not want to spend much time in there. The staff was not overtly rude but not very friendly- the front desk clerk hid out in the back room most of the time and the person handling breakfast wouldn't crack a smile. I would stay there again because there are not a lot of other options in Cedar Falls, but I wasn't impressed.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Josh N
Lindenhurst, Illinois
Reviewed 29 July 2013

They charged me $30 more for my second night there than my first even though they said I would be charged the same rate each night. I booked the second night the morning after my first night. The breakfast is touted as good...just eggs and sausage and waffles and continental otherwise. Not good. Pool is cool enough for kids, and rooms were just ok. I'm not going to even argue with the hotel on the charge...I just plain won't stay there again and they can have this bad review and I'll be staying in other hotels in the area, not here. Very unfriendly front desk people as well...we got blank stares for our beautiful daughter walking around freely when it was breakfast time. Better than her throwing tantrams right at the front desk lady. We got complaints of our dog barking once, but the hotel was full of partiers all night. We have two young children 2 and under. We recieved charges for our dog without being told or shown on our reciept either. When I booked the room, the charges for the dog for both nights were thought to be included already. In our experience, this hotel just want extra money, not even at the price of friendly service. Unlawful service this is.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family