“What an amazing stay, again!”

Cedar Rapids Marriott
Ranked #19 of 36 Hotels in Cedar Rapids
Germany
“What an amazing stay, again!”
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Another great stay!
I tend to stick what has been great in the past and the Marriott did not disappoint again. Check in was a breeze and my room was in working order, clean and lovely. The breakfast I tried this time and it was way too much food, I couldn’t finish it all. The price was a bit on the steep side with it being 34 dollars for two people, but the service was great so it’s a tossup. I could see if you are staying here on a budget this would be too much but if you don’t mind splurging then this is acceptable. The hotel bar is small but the service was great and top shelf liquor was about 6 dollars a drink, which is reasonable when looking at local bars in the area which doesn’t normally carry top shelf to begin with or 8-9 a drink. Check out was fast and simple, great hotel!

Room Tip: If on a budget, the breakfast is a bit steep but there are viable options located near by for a chea...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Michele H, Front Office Manager at Cedar Rapids Marriott, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
Thank you for your recent stay - we are glad to hear you enjoyed it! We do hope that you visit us again if you are in Cedar Rapids.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Schererville, Indiana
Reviewed 14 September 2013

I recently had to spend some time in Cedar Rapids and stayed at the Marriott hotel there because our company always stay with Marriott when we travel.

The place was way beyond what I expected for the price. This was one of the rare times that I drove instead of flying so my wife came along with me and we were completely taken by the room.It was very roomy and had the most comfy bed we have ever slept on.

The service was absolutely outstanding. It had a very nice pool that we unfortunately did not have the time to use. We did spend a couple of very nice evenings on the patio outside of the pool though.

This hotel is located close to just about anything you could think of including food and most of the area industry.

My only complaint would be the price of the food at the hotel's restaurant but I guess you would expect to pay a premium at place this nice.

Room Tip: I would assume from how good my room was that you don't really have to worry about getting a goo...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Michele H, Front Office Manager at Cedar Rapids Marriott, responded to this review, 18 September 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us while in Cedar Rapids. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again!
Stockton,IL
Reviewed 10 September 2013

We stayed here for a family wedding. Very clean and quiet rooms. Requested an extra bed and it was delivered immediatly. I was a little dissappointed that there was not a complimentary breakfast or a mangers reception like other like priced hotels...

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
MILFORD
Reviewed 1 September 2013

We stayed two nights at the Marriott because we were in town for a wedding reception held here. I thought the hotel was clean and the staff were easy to work with. The brides family couldn't say enough about the staff and what was offered for the reception. They were thrilled. I thought the stay was comfortable and the location was perfect for us. I liked having a couch and the desk in the room. I wish the comforter on the bed was a bigger; my husband kept pulling it off of me. :)

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Sao Jose Dos Campos, SP
Reviewed 1 September 2013

I stayed on Marriott Cedar Rapids for one week during a Business Trip to Cedar Rapids. With big and comfortable rooms, this hotel is a good place to rest after a full working day. Enjoy the good hotel bar at the end of the day, when the guests go to enjoy a good ambient and the piano. Its also where a good Breakfast is served in the mornings. The omelets are awesome!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Rafael L
Conneticut
Reviewed 1 September 2013

I am surprised that this Marriott is a category 3, it seems more like a category 6. We stayed here one night after a long travel day on our way to Yellowstone and it was perfect. There is an open court yard feel to this hotel and as a gold member we were able to get a lovely one bedroom on the concierge floor. The room was spacious, clean with a very comfortable bed. We arrived at the airport close to 8:00 pm. The hotel desk mgr. was kind enough to have the concierge director save some hot , delicious food for us. They also offer free shuttle service . The concierge club also offers a fabulous breakfast. I am looking forward to staying at this fine hotel next weekend on our way home from Yellowstone. The staff that I had the pleasure to meet were all very polite, helpful and professional. We especially enjoyed the drivers who took us to and from the airport.

Room Tip: We loved room 716, a private , quiet one bedroom in a corner on the concierge floor.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Chantilly, Virginia
Reviewed 14 August 2013 via mobile

I am pleased with the cleanliness and service of this hotel. The bar in the middle was a nice place to relax. The decorations and carpets are dated, but it checks all the boxes for me on what I look for in a hotel. Wifi worked well everywhere. The bar could use an improved wine list, but other than that I really enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed August 2013