“my view as a frequent guest”

Budget Inn Cedar Rapids
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cedar Rapids
Budget Inn Cedar Rapids
Ranked #33 of 37 Hotels in Cedar Rapids
Reviewed 22 April 2013

the quality of the service is excellent and the cleanliness of the rooms is very good, too. I have been staying here off and on for several years and i have not found much to complain about. It has a great location, too. It is close to restaurants, stores and even a post office. Even though its an old hotel there have been many improvements to the rooms.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 29 December 2012

WANT ANONYMITY? NO HASSLES ABOUT WHAT YOU ARE DOIN? HOW ABOUT A LATE CHECKOUT? THESE THINGS ARE ALL AVAILABLE AT THE BUDGET INN CR. GREAT LOCATION, EASY TO GET TO FROM INTERSTATE. JACUZZI ROOMS AVAILABLE ON REQUEST. FRIENDLY STAFF.
I have stayed at this motel 6 times in the past 8 months and have no complaints. After the first visit the staff was familiar with me and very friendly as well as accommodating. I would not stay anywhere else while in CR. Of course keep my review title in mind as even tho I like it, I probably wouldn't suggest taking your infant or young children there. It is also not a place for panty wastes or cry babies. .

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Dixie V
BudgetCedarRapids, Owner at Budget Inn Cedar Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2013

Thank you for your review and repeat business. Your positive feedback is very much appreciated. Jeff

Reviewed 8 August 2012

As cheap as this place was, it was not worth what we paid - old smokey rooms, poor security and suspect neighbours on a busy, noisy road. Unfortunately we were hurrying through Cedar Rapids and didn't see too many alternatives.

Room Tip: I don't think there is a good room in this place.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mike C

Thank you for your review. We have updated many rooms in the last few years and continue to do so. I apologize if you were put into a non-updated room. We have many repeat guests and it is always our goal to provide a good value to new customers as well so they will want to return and encourage others to stay. Jeff

Reviewed 14 January 2010

I'm a traveling nurse on assignment in Cedar Rapids. Of course, I was budget conscious and regretted that every second I was there. I booked because of the online pictures. The pictures are a fraud. Those rooms don't exist. The front dest is adequate, nothing like the rooms. The walls are paper thin. The cleanliness was non existant. There was paneling on one wall and that was literally coming off the bases. It was bubbling out. The bedspread was paper thin too. Stains all over the mattress, refrigerator was filthy, bathroom sink almost falling off the wall, remote for tv didn't work, shady patrons, late night yelling from other guests.

I bring my own bedding and cleaning products (even travel with my vacuum). After thuroughly cleaning the room and placing my own bedding, it felt slightly better. Three days in, I started developing little bumps on my arms, neck, and face. They itched like crazy too. Finally had to go to urgent care only to find out I developed scabies. OH MY GOD. I told the front desk and they had to nerve to say I didn't get it from there. I didn't come with them.

STAY AWAY.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business
7  Thank laramiern

I must apologize for both the slow response to your review and your less than positive experience. Since your review we have implemented a soft remodel whereby we have updated all the rooms in some way and have added to our operating budget to do some updating every year. By doing it this way we are able to keep our rates very reasonable. We have many repeat guests that come to Cedar Rapids for work related projects. Thank you for your review as it helps us to focus on our customers needs. Jeff