Everything about this hotel is wonderful! It opened in August 2010, and they've done many things well here.
As a solo traveler, I booked a studio king suite. It was quite spacious.
The kitchen includes a full-sized refrigerator; a two burner, electric stove; a dishwasher; a microwave; and a sink -- and all the necessary plates, cups, silverware, cookware, and whatnot to make your food, if you're so inclined. A nice table with two chairs is adjacent to the kitchen.
The TV was gorgeous -- the usual flat screen, but with HD and digital. Stunning.
The king bed was heavenly. I got a great night's sleep. The pillows were just right, for a change. Most hotels get the cheapest pillows they can find, but not here. Thank you, Homewood!
The bathroom was very nice: a walk-in shower (no tub) that was roomy, and a great shower head that was plenty high. In fact, if you're short (I'm 5'10"), you might have trouble reaching the shower head to adjust it -- but usually it's the opposite, and the showed head is too low!
Breakfast was very nice, as well -- the "lodge" was spacious, and airy, and the offerings were great. The choices included wo different kinds of scrambled eggs, with hash browns and sausages available; three kinds of cereal, plus hot oatmeal; four kinds of coffee; OJ and two kinds of milk; plenty of choices in the "toast" department (bagel, muffin, toast, etc.). And it was all clean and well-tended.
I had a light out in my room, and the desk clerk was very helpful in both procuring a replacement and helping get it in -- the clearance wasn't very big, so it was trickier than you'd think!
The only difficulty I had was with the internet access. I tried both the wireless wi-fi and the wired access, and my gmail kept cutting out. Other web access didn't seem to be affected, so I can't tell you whether it was something specific with the hotel's ISP and Google, or not. It worked, it was just annoying to have it log me off at random intervals.
The only other odd thing was that the elevators were at the ends of the hallways, as far from the front desk as you could make them. If you had a room in the middle of the hotel on the upper floors, you would have had to walk to either end of the building, take the elevator (or stairs) up, then walk back to the middle to your room. My room was on the end; once I parked my car outside the nearby exit, it was quite convenient, but checking in at the end of a long day made for a tiring walk.
Still, those don't count against the stay, which was simply magnificent.
No, I don't work for Homewood, or Hilton. But I'm enthusiastic about this hotel. I highly recommend the Homewood Suites - Cedar Rapids North. I know that I'll be staying there the next time I'm in Cedar Rapids!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Complimentary Hot "Suite Start" Breakfast every day, and evening meal with alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages Mon.-Thur. 24 hr. fitness center, business center, suite shop and laundry facilities. Complimentary wired and wireless internet, meeting room that accommodates up to 50, Sports Court, Patio, Indoor Pool & Spa. Hilton HHonors. USA Today Mon.-Fri. Each suite offers full fridge, 2 burner stove, dishwasher, DVD player and sofa bed + much more... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton Cedar Rapids North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Cedar Rapids North Hotel Cedar Rapids
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Cedar Rapids North Iowa