I have stayed at other Country Inn & Suites hotels before so used my reward points (with additional cash). This stay was for 5 nights. My first room - note I said first room - was a major disappointment. It started off with carpeting that had definitely not been vacuumed & some unknown dried pink, sticky substance on the bathroom countertop. The furniture is outdated and the room is dingy looking. It needs a facelift! I went to get ice and by the icemaker was a big stack of dirty towels on the floor and a trash can in the corner that was full and overflowing. This was on a Thursday night (maybe to be expected on a busy Saturday?). In the middle of the night, the telephone would randomly ring once and then nothing. I called the front desk and was told to try to unplug it and plug it back in. In the morning, I tried to slide the glass closet door and the glass almost fell out. I told the front desk that either I needed another "updated" room or I would find another hotel. The breakfast was ok, but there were no glasses for juice and when I inquired to the woman handling the setup, she said "I'm getting them washed and back out here as fast as I can". Ok..... whatever. When I returned later, the hotel had moved me to a different (larger) room. Similiar furnishings - and seemed cleaner. When i was leaving for the following day, a housekeeper behind the front desk asked if I wanted my room serviced. I said yes. I dont think the sheets were changed and the bed pillows were tossed to the head of the bed with no care to arrange nicely. Ok.... whatever. To top it off, this hotel allows dogs and people randomly walk through the lobby with dogs - sometimes 2 or 3. I prefer not to sleep with other's dog's hair so will find a different hotel next time. I like dogs... but considering the fact that this hotel didnt seem that clean to me, next time I will pass on this one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Settle in nicely with the Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cedar Rapids North. We are an upscale, ultra modern, extended stay, four story hotel with 82 Studio and One Bedroom Suites, plus meeting facilities, business center, indoor pool and whirlpool. Our signature amenities include full hot breakfast buffet daily and a Monday through Thursday evening managers reception. Here at the Country Inn & Suites By Carlson we have all the comforts of home, and then some. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cedar Rapids North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Cedar Rapids Hotel Cedar Rapids
- Hawthorn Suites Cedar Rapids
- Cedar Rapids Hawthorn Suites
- Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cedar Rapids North Iowa