“The pit!!!”

Ranked #30 of 36 Hotels in Cedar Rapids
Westfield, Indiana
“The pit!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013 via mobile

This is the worst place I have ever stayed in and that includes the tents I slept in when on field excersis! There is food left in the fridge, dirt under the bed, I was looking for a remote for the tv that only 6 of the channels worked. I'm heading for a rest stop or truck stop!!!

Stayed July 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
CEDAR RAPIDS
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

I stayed here in March 2013 for somewhat of an emergency. The checkin process was easy and the staff was great. They informed me that the rooms had recently been renovated and I remember thinking..."yea right...it's still a Motel 6 - I am ready to sleep". Once I got into the room, I was amazed at the room. I could still somewhat tell it was an older property from the outside but once inside it was a modern-styled paradise.....at MOTEL 6!! I looked online and other properties in this chain have had this renovation. Not sure who was in charge of all of that but they deserve a bonus. The room was beautiful with a modern look. The only negative thing I experienced was that the laminate floor cleaner they used was strong smelling. Change that and it would be 6 stars out of 5. For my visit, I give it a 5 because of the staff and the new design.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank InternetSoftwareGuru
Sigourney, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2013

Remember that it is Motel 6 people, no thrills, no frills, just a good clean place to sleep. The office help (Cheryl) was very nice and helpful. The rooms were clean and quite. Our room had a King sized bed and a small table and chairs, TV and dresser. There is no Fridge or Microwave, or Hairdryer, but We did not need those things. It is easy to find off of the interstate and near Perkins (less than a block and easy to walk to) and Burger King and Casey's General Store.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Bill P
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2012

I found the Motel 6 to be quite impressive given my expectations. The staff was nothing but helpful, friendly, and accommodating; the rooms had been recently updated and painted; the facilities and grounds are clean and maintained nicely; and they allow dogs at no extra charge. Given the price, there are a few things the room didn’t have---alarm clock, updated television, reliable T.V. service (the satellite goes out a lot)---but that is expected at a place priced to be affordable. I was a long-term stay while waiting for my house to close, and I would say the only thing I really didn’t like is that the Internet is slow and $3.00 per day with no bulk-purchase deal, so it gets expensive if you’re there for more than a day or two. Even with those things, though, I would definitely recommend this location for people looking for a reasonably priced long-term stay or those who are just passing through and need a place to crash for the night. For the price, you won’t be disappointed.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2012

I stayed at this motel 6 in June 2012. I stayed here because they are pet friendly. There is no pet fee! I was in town for a golf tournament and actually checked into the hotel next door. I was promised a lower rate the next morning and then the manger would not honor it..so I went next door and the staff was very friendly. So..we switched and found the room nicer than average. I wasnt expecting much..being a motel 6..but we were in a king size bed room with fridge and micro..it was newly renovated with hardwood floors. Very clean! There is a road that basically goes all around this exit..that has sidewalks for walking the dogs! You can't beat the value here! Room was very cheap for the week! There were some strange looking characters hanging in the parking lot at times..but had no problems!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank birdiegirl84
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2012

I stay at motel 6 a lot and this one is great and friendly. Very clean and rooms are great. Employees are nice. The head housekeeper I believe her name was Blane she was so nice and went out of her way to helped my husband and I with our luggage. we will always stay here.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank brookielang
Winthrop, Minnesota, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2012

I wanted something cheap and right off the highway, and thats what we got...nothing more, nothing less. I was initially very impressed until turning the lights on in the room, only to see several spots on the blanket. Needless to say we did not use it. The only other thing we didnt like were some of the sketchy guests but there isnt much the hotel can do about that. All in all, if you need a cheap, one night stop along your way, its not bad.

Room Tip: Request a 2nd floor room, we were nervous being on the 1st floor with some of the guests there that...