“Fairfield more than Fair!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Cedar Rapids
Ranked #13 of 36 Hotels in Cedar Rapids
Reviewed 14 August 2013

I had stayed at the old location several times and always enjoyed my stay. But, when I checked into their newer location just down the street, I was impressed! Very modern and clean. The room was very nice and comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful. I must say, this was a good move for them as well as myself!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Creekguy
There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Cedar Rapids

Reviewed 11 August 2013

Nice staff. Clean room with comfortable beds. Fridge in the room was convenient because we always travel with sandwiches and snacks instead of eating out. Nice hot continental breakfast is a money saver for families too.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Jeff Z
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Stayed here for 2 weeks on two different occasions. The room and hotel has a very clean and fresh look. The room service is awesome and so is the free morning breakfast. Free internet is offered but I had issues connecting to the wi-fi using my personal laptop whereas my office laptop connected fine. Had to call the helpdesk who fixed it promptly but the problem re-occured.... nevertheless... not a big deal. its right off the interstate - close to the airport - about 15 mins. Has a lot of eating places nearby - McDonalds, subway, Bk.

Room Tip: Parking is a problem if you come late, beware to not park in the adjoining parking as they have a si...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Ajayr04
Reviewed 25 July 2013

My family and I stayed there one night while passing through on a road trip. It was a great place to get off the road and relax and wonderful to have a fridge and microwave in our room. The hotel is new, clean and wonderfully decorated. The hotel staff was very nice and helpful. My only complaint - I thought the beds were too hard.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Sarah B
Reviewed 5 July 2013

The hotel was new, clean and quiet with good amenities. The breakfast was decent but the swimming pool was small. We are done to see the Kernals and we will stay again when we come back to Cedar Rapids.

Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank Greg T
Reviewed 30 June 2013

Two youth baseball teams spent the night at the hotel. As a young couple, we are fairly tolerant to noise. But this group was WAY out of hand. The noise they created in the lobby area was so loud we could hear it as we entered the elevator on the 4th floor. The parents of this group were as bad as the kids - drunk and laughing hysterically all evening. We went down and tried to get in the pool/hot tub area 5 times... each time, kids were misbehaving and unsupervised. Meanwhile, out on the neighboring patio, the parents were drinking one beer after another. We called the front desk to complain around 11pm, and they told us the phone had been ringing off the hook with complaints from other guests. The next morning, we woke up early so we could take advantage of the hot tub. This time the pool/hot tub area were devoid of people, but it was full of garbage -- cups and dirty towels in the pool area, empty beer bottles all over the patio. I realize this type of situation is a double-edge sword for hotel management. If they jump on the loud guests, they will complain and write poor reviews. If they don't jump on those guests, everyone else trying to enjoy a quiet night will write poor reviews. The problem was solved shortly after my phone call. Still, I do not feel management was proactive in solving the problem -- this activity had been going on for hours. Not until people started really complaining did they address it. Alcohol is already prohibited in the pool area. One small suggestion: Please, please, please disallow alcohol on the patio area, and try to keep the lobby a little quieter for other guests. Other than that, it is an excellent, very modernly-furnished hotel.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ryan L
Reviewed 26 June 2013

I use Marriott and its affiliates all the time. This hotel in Cedar Rapids was especially nice. It appeared to be new and everything was in great shape. It's easy access off the highway is nice. Several restaurants and shopping are handy.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family