“A Delight”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Cedar Rapids
Ranked #11 of 37 Hotels in Cedar Rapids
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Our experience was superb in every respect. Smooth check in with very helpful advice on eating places. A beautiful lobby. A very nice breakfast buffet. And the room- wow- standard 2 queen beds, yet artistically arranged and VERY comfortable bed, chairs, tables, etc. There was great care to make our stay comfortable and enjoyable. The rate was quite reasonable for the level of service. It felt like a luxury hotel. We will be back!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 25 April 2014

I have always liked this hotel. I spend 200+ days on the road and when I say home away from home I mean just that and with seeing Jeri at the front desk this morning I know I will be staying here for a long time. Hotel is clean, comfortable and most importantly caring. I LOVE this hotel and there is no other hotel that has the same value as this!!!

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 22 April 2014

This is my home away from home when I'm in Cedar Rapids. Our office is close which makes it extremely convenient and the staff makes it very comfortable. The rooms have been recently updated, always clean, and the wifi is dependable and fast. For the business traveler, it's a perfect fit.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Had a room on the first floor. All night long you could hear the person in the room above walking back and forth. And, then beginning at 5 a.m. you could hear people leaving the hotel through the door to the outside at the end of the hall. Basically, not soundproof rooms. The breakfast was bland, no flavor to the eggs, etc. Only came in contact with front desk personnel. They were fine, no issues there.

Room Tip: Do not get close to the outside door on the first floor. And, take a top floor to avoid the noise f...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank travelingmom1955
CIDCR_GM, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Cedar Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience. I do apologize that your stay was not more pleasant. We are looking into what we can do to possibly quiet the noise from the outside doors.
We would love to have you give us a second chance. If you are ever back in the Cedar Rapids area please give me a call.

Jeri Schrader

Reviewed 18 April 2014

I would rate the sleep quality as avaerage because of the outside noise from passing cars, I guess I am a light sleeper, but I rate them excellent for having a friendly and helpful staff. They helped make my stay more pleasant when the airlines lost my luggage. Mercades always greeted us with a big smile and was helpful with local restaurant recomendations and then had fresh baked cookies ready when we got back from dinner. I would definitely stay there again when I'm in the area.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank frequenttraveller247
Reviewed 17 March 2014

The hotel was VERY nice. Very clean, very modern, rooms were nice a little small. But the staff were absolutly terrible. We had booked a block of rooms for our wedding and went through hell because what they told us and what they were giving us were two seperate things. We ended up having to contact corporate. Most of my guests waited till the last day for the rate to book and many people had issues with the staff being rude one even right away interputing her and saying are you booking with the ____ wedding. You would think the staff would be happy they were getting good business.

Breakfast was okay, it was free so you really cant complain. They just need to hire more friendly professional staff. There are SO many hotels within blocks we wouldnt stay here again.

Room Tip: The king rooms are very nice double queen rooms are a little tight
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank sammyjh45
CIDCR_GM, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Cedar Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

First and foremost, thank you for taking the time to fill out a review for the Fairfield Inn & Suites in Cedar Rapids, IA. Your feedback is essential to the growth of our hotel, and our community!

Secondly, if you wouldn't mind providing some additional information for me, so that I may effectively correct any, and all, service issues for future guests.

When was your stay? What wedding group did you stay at our hotel with? Would you be able to expand more on your checkin/checkout experience, with more specifics?

Our ultimate goal is to have guests leave satisfied, and I would like to work on that with you. Any response is appreciated, and I look forward to hearing from you!

Fairfield Inn & Suites Management

Reviewed 15 February 2014

This is one of the best Fairfield Inn hotels I've stayed in. Super clean and comfortable. Close to many restaurants and the airport. The price is also on the low side for the area. The exercise room is complete and clean with the latest equipment all in working order. The front desk personnel are friendly and very helpful. The management should be very proud of how this place shows and is run. I recommend this hotel and will return next trip to Cedar Rapids.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank steve375
CIDCR_GM, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Cedar Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Steve375,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review for the Fairfield Inn & Suites in Cedar Rapids on Trip Advisor! We are delighted that your stay with the Fairfield Inn & Suites Cedar Rapids was enjoyable.

Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable, and the kind comments on the staff, and facility, is sincerely appreciated! We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future.

Steve La Tour