“Jeri makes the stay that much more enjoyable” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Cedar Rapids

Fairfield Inn & Suites Cedar Rapids
Ranked #9 of 36 Hotels in Cedar Rapids
“Jeri makes the stay that much more enjoyable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

Her overall concern for the well being throughout our stay made the entire experience worth any amount they would charge.

We were allowed the opportunity to check the hotel out before we even decided to book the rooms. The entire visit was personal and they really catered to our needs.

Kevin

Room Tip: Any room is an excellent room. The service defines the stay and made it very pleasant
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
      Rooms
2 Thank Kevin J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Moorhead, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

This hotel was new and clean, but it wasn't in a great part of town. (Although, in the driving around that we did we never seemed to run into a really "nice" part of town!)
We enjoyed the pool with the kids and I will give it a high rating for being quiet and clean. The staff was also very pleasant.
I would stay there again, especially compared to the run down hotels in the vicinity of this hotel.
Oh, if the Marriott chain ever reads this...what gives with your color scheme?!

Room Tip: We were on the main floor near the pool and other than a few shuffles from the upstairs neighbor is...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Rooms
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

Ive stayed in several different hotels but I have to say this one is by far one of the best. Service was excellent. They went out of their way to accomidate me any way they could. The lady behind the desk seen me walking out with an envelope & stopped me just to let me know she would mail it off for me if I wanted. If you are traveling through Cedar Rapids IA its the place to stay. Very professional & clean.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank DTVTech
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

After six days of touring and six nights of hotels, the Fairfield Inn was our last stop. For days I heard that we should change our reservation to another hotel based upon comments made by inlaws who live in town. I could not have been more pleased to prove them wrong. The Fairfield was the best stay of our vacation. New, friendly, clean, great breakfast... it proved to be a great deal. This is a prime example as to why I trust TripAdvisor to be a reliable source for travel reviews - its certainly more reliable than the inlaws.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank WiTraveler17
homewood, Il
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

We just spent two evenings at the Fairfield Inn. The hotel is new, modern and very clean. Perfect location for a trip to watch the Kernel's.
The staff could not have been nicer or more helpful.
Thank you to Rachel, Danielle and Laurie

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Location
1 Thank banachi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Pros: Location, Service, Facility, Amenities
Cons: They didn't tuck me in

In all seriousness, the expectations were all met or exceeded. If I asked them to tuck me in they probably would have. I was always welcomed with a smile, the building was in great condition, the price was right. Everything I could have wanted and more.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
Davenport
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

I travel on business regularly and always stay at Marriott Properities. I have stayed at the Fairfield several times and not had an problems until now. I had a reservation for 7/9/14 and arrived at 10:15 PM after driving a few hours to get here only to be told "we had unexpected stay overs and don't have a room for you. You can stay at the Clarion just up the street". Apologizes we're offered but I was also told "this happen all the time" however true that is it didn't make me feel any better about the situation. If I wanted to stay at Clarion I would have made a reservation with them but wanted the quality room that I've always enjoyed at various Martiott Properities. When I make a reservation I expect my reservation to mean something. I left my home knowing I had a reservation with Marriott, but I was basically told we don't appreciate your business enough to have a room for you. How do you think that makes me feel about my Marriott rewards program? Perhaps I need to find a brand that truly appreciates their customers. This made me feel like an unappreciated commodity.

What made this worse is when I checked in at the Clarion, I asked the clerk how often they provide rooms for Fairfield customers who got bumped. She said five or six a week during her shifts! That tells me that there's either a management issue at the Fairfield or perhaps both properties have the same ownership and are simply trying to capture as many "Marriott" guests as they can, even though they only have a limited
number of rooms at the Fairfield to offer.

Regarding the Clarion, I've never stayed at one of their properties. The entire building was a bit run down and had a kind of stale smell. The room wasn't bad, the King size bed was comfortable but what really bothered me was the refrigerator. It was so loud every time it cycled on it woke me up. Not the ideal situation when I'm trying to sleep before an important meeting in the morning.

I travel to Cedar Rapids regularly but will think twice before staying at the Fairfield again. I prefer to be appreciated as a customer.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Regwa
CIDCR_GM, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Cedar Rapids, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Regwa-

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience. I can understand your frustration and want to let you know that this type of problem rarely occurs at our property. We had several rooms extend their stay therefore creating a need for us to find other accomodations for some of our guests that were due to arrive that day. The only hotel in our area that would be considered comparible to us that had rooms available was the Clarion. (We are not affliated with them.) I am sorry that your stay with them wasn't better. We did cover the charges for your room that evening and we also made sure that all of your Marriott Rewards points were added to your account.
We look forward to your return at our property. Please feel free to contact me directly if you need anything.

Jeri Schrader