All reviewsroom was cleangreat place to staynice hotelstaff was friendlycomfortable staybreakfast staffcomplimentary breakfastdecent breakfasthot tubpool areaoatmealroad tripbusiness tripone night stayiowa cityfresh fruitclose to the airport
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Check in was very nice and the front desk clerk was friendly. There were cookies available when I checked in. I brought in some cans to recycle and the front desk clerk "rewarded" me and gave me some water and a snack in appreciation of my desire to recycle! You can't beat that. The room was nice with a love seat and ottoman and built-n desk and closet. You can tell they had a recent remodel. Internet was decently responsive and the TV was nice and large. The bed was comfortable and the pillows nice and soft and comfy. The bathroom counter in smallish and set in diagonally into a corner but there is good shelving below. I could hear people walking above me at night and in the morning. I don't think there is much sound proofing between floors. Breakfast was not well maintained and they ran out of the good items (eggs and pork sausage) before breakfast was finished. None of the tables were cleaned between guests as there was only one person working breakfast and things were very busy. The price was very reasonable.

Room Tip: Get a room on the top floor to avoid hearing people walking above.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Great place to stay. My daughter and I were on the last leg of a very long road trip. We were right off the highway in a quiet area, close to several restaurants. The hotel is quiet, clean and the staff was very friendly. The pool was not packed and just what we needed to relax. Our room was modern with lots of space and very comfortable. Very happy with this stay and if I ever head back to Cedar Rapids, this is where I will stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Excellent - you will be so pleased. Clean, comfortable, good food, excellent staff, roomy, good location, excellent amenities, quiet, public areas were kept sparkling clean. Very much like home. We stayed an extra night because it was so good.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2013

To be honest I wasn't initially expecting too much from this hotel, but I was really pleased with the reception we received and quality of the room and facilities. The breakfast was no-nonsense fare and plenty of it and was a very relaxed process which was good. The fitness room was very good although the screens on each station were tricky to get working - a minor issue. The business room was good and wi-fi access excellent. Receptionists took time to chat which was nice and gave useful directions. Very pleasant environment and nice and quiet. Minor gripes? No bar or restaurant facilities in the hotel and not too easy to walk to anything close by (there are a few eating places nearby but walking isn't fashionable in the US it seems, so you have to cross car parks, forecourts and roads to get anywhere). Not exactly a tourist spot but more than adequate for a 3 day business stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 July 2013

I wanted a night away for my birthday. The staff was amazing. They made special accommodations for me which I really appreciated. Their breakfast had a great variety. Lobby area seems recently updated.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends