“Modest Hamption”

Hampton Inn Cedar Rapids
Ranked #6 of 36 Hotels in Cedar Rapids
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Clean but modest and small rooms, bed, and bathroom.

All 2-bed options are a double bed size! No double queen bedrooms available. Wish that had been disclosed before checking in, parking, and schlepping luggage to 3rd floor.

$80 is a decent rate for 2 seniors, adult, and toddler with AAA discount, but a double bed size is barely enough room for 2 adults to sleep in.

Indoor pool, nice exercise room equipment, free breakfast starting at 7am (I'll be checking out before then to catch a plane) but they offer a complimentary to-go bag with water, apple, granola bar. That's a nice touch.

Because it's the Hampton just had a different expectation.

Stayed: July 2014
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Cedar Rapids

Reviewed 18 July 2014

I stayed at this Hampton location 4 years ago and was excellent. This time, already unpacked and had to move to a different room late at night. The second room was near construction, so at 6am my bed started vibrating. I asked for a king room with fridge, and received a double with no fridge. The pool was closed the first night I was there. The hot tub was adequate. They said they would mail me a free night stay to my residence and it's been a week now...no certificate. The only thing I can say good about my stay was the free breakfast. It was one of the best I've had and the women that cooked it was very nice.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Hampton I, Manager at Hampton Inn Cedar Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear Sherry,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us. I also appreciate you taking the time to give me your feedback when we spoke over the phone. Once again, I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you were caused due to your keys not working.

I hope you will give us another opportunity to be your lodging provider the next time your travels bring you to the Cedar Rapids area.

Carrie Ewart
Hampton Inn Cedar Rapids

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Everything about our stay at this Hampton Inn was excellent. We were extremely pleased. The staff was very helpful and the room, although small, was very comfortable and the free breakfast was very good.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Overall a great hotel other than not being able to set room temperature on thermostat. Whenever I lowered it a few degrees, the A/C would come on and then within 5 minutes, it would shut off and the thermostat would read the original setting.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2014

This is a great place to stay!!! The staff is friendly and professional. The rooms and b'fast area are clean and inviting. B'fast food choices and quality were far above competitors. The room was spotless, including the bathroom. Everything was in good working order and clean. The beds and pillows made it a super great night of sleep. Free in-room wifi seals the deal for me as well.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 448lynetteh
Reviewed 12 July 2014

For a Hampton, this is one of their lesser properties. A little older and showing it. Front desk check in was efficient but cold. No 'have a nice stay' or 'glad you are here'. Simply handed me the key without a word. Room was showing it's age. Property is near heavy traffic and a rail yard. Expect noise even with ear plugs. This side of town is a bit grungy looking. Or maybe all of Cedar rapids is. Safe and several food options nearby. Would check out other properties if I returned to this area.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Hampton I, Manager at Hampton Inn Cedar Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear Winpop,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of our hotel. I apologize, you did not enjoy your stay and felt our staff was unpleasant. Our goal is to exceed our guest's expectations with each and every stay. I would like an opportunity to discuss your stay with you a bit further. If you would have a moment to give me a call I would greatly appreciate your addtional feedback. I can be reached at 319-362-8144.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Carrie Ewart

Reviewed 2 July 2014

My wife and I stayed for 3 nights in June visiting my Dad at a nearby assisted living facility. The hotel was well kept and the staff was friendly. The hotel had an indoor pool and the only thing that was missing was an outside seating area to soak in some sun and/or get some fresh air. There is no outside seating whatsoever...otherwise, it was GREAT! We enjoyed our stay and the nice breakfast each morning! Thanks, again!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family