“Love this place”

Mainstay Suites Cedar Rapids
Ranked #23 of 36 Hotels in Cedar Rapids
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

Everytime i come to cedar rapids i always stay here.. the rooms are always clean and nice, the pool area is peaceful, its in a quiet area of town, the staff is great always friendly and will help you out anytime. There really isnt anything negative i can think of for this hotel. I will always stay here when im in town.

• Stayed: October 2013
Online_Relations12, Public Relations Manager at Mainstay Suites Cedar Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Hi there Kdenton1987,

Thanks so much for your review! We're proud to have served you so well during your stays and thank you graciously for your repeat business. We hope to see you again soon!

Best,
Sam, on behalf of MainStay Suites Cedar Rapids

There are newer reviews for Mainstay Suites Cedar Rapids

Reviewed 10 February 2013

Nice hotel -front desk staff was very accommodating on Friday night when we got there. The gal on Saturday and Sunday didn't seem like she really liked her job-I told her the coffee was out and seemed she really didn't want to have to take care of it. Breakfast was very good. Our room needed some updating-carpet was stained and the grout in the tile was broken in places. Our floor had lots of creeking going on and we hoped we weren't bothering anyone below. The walls are pretty thin as we could hear the person next door snoring. Overall we really enjoyed our stay and will definitely stay again. Cost of the room was very reasonable. We did not get time to use the pool/whirlpool.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Online_Relations12, Public Relations Manager at Mainstay Suites Cedar Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2013

Thanks for the review, enjoystraveling005!

We're glad you enjoyed your stay and found our staff to be friendly. Keep in mind we're always updating the furniture and amenities in our rooms, so it may be totally different during your next visit. We hope to see you again!

Best,
Sam, on behalf of MainStay Suites Cedar Rapids

Reviewed 26 December 2012

Both of my wife's adult children live in Cedar Rapids, and her daughter was unable to travel to our house in a small town in northwest Illinois to celebrate Christmas, which is our annual tradition. So my wife, my mother-in-law, and I decided to take our Christmas festivities to Cedar Rapids. The MainStay Suites was the perfect place for us to celebrate the holiday and enjoy each other's company. The front desk staff could not have been any more accommodating to my many requests, and made me feel like I was the most important guest at their facility. I am certain that they treat all their guests that way. Our room was perfect for the eight of us to enjoy Christmas dinner together and to play Mexican Train Dominoes and Apples To Apples. I highly recommend MainStay Suites and will definitely return there on our next visit to Cedar Rapids. The breakfast they offer includes many hot items, and their pool and hot tub both looked very inviting, although we did not take the time to enjoy either of them. The carpeting in our room could stand to be replaced, and it would have been nice to have a recliner in our room, but overall the MainStay offers an outstanding stay for the price and a staff that is second to none.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2012

I traveled to Cedar Rapids on business and stayed at the MainStay. I love the kitchen area as I like to go back from my meeting and relax and not have to go out to eat. They didn't do any housekeeping except by request which was perfect to me!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank mssdbq
Reviewed 20 May 2012

If you plan to be in Cedar Rapids for a week or more, you will find the rooms here clean and a fair value. However don't expect any frills or even any maid service to clean the room, bring fresh towels, empty trash, etc. How can request fresh towels at the front desk, however. There is a clean pool, however the hot tub does not function properly - was told they are "waiting for a part". As with most things, you will get what you pay for.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 January 2012

This hotel was very clean. The rooms have a full size frig and stovetop so I didn't have to eat out. The staff was very friendly and the price was great. I would definately recommend this hotel if you are in the area.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Kelsey C
Reviewed 22 February 2010

This hotel has a stove, refrigerator and dishwasher with dishes. I went to the grocery store, got a few things and the entire time I was there, was able to save the money I would have spent eating out. They do have breakfast like everyone else but since I like to work while I eat so I can get home sooner, this place was perfect for me. Next time I'll bring food from home.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business