I stayed at the Mainstay Suites in Cedar Rapids Iowa because the Hampton Inn was fully booked. While Mainstay Suites gives you a kitchenette, I will never stay there again unless the Hampton is booked. The problems are:
1. the layout of the room -- The bed is jammed in between the outer wall and the closet.
2. You can barely get the closet doors open
3. The closet doors are fully mirrored and since these show the full length of the bed, it was just strange.
4. There was no desk, but there was a counter that was too close to the kitchen area. When sitting in the 'desk' chair, your back is jammed up against the counter/sink/stove of the kitchen area.
5. The counter was too tall and the chair could not be raised up high enough to be comfortable to work. When sitting on the chair, the counter was so high that my hand was raised to shoulder level to move the mouse around to work my laptop - totally uncomfortable.
6. The TV was at right angles to the bed and the couch in the room and was small so you couldn't see the picture very well from the counter where you are supposed to work.
7. There was no wireless internet. The wire forced you to sit at the counter/chair that was totally uncomfortable.
I would not recommend this chain.More