“Pay For Intenet in My Room???”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cedar Rapids Convention Complex
Ranked #3 of 37 Hotels in Cedar Rapids
Reviewed 19 January 2014

I was disappointed that my membership was not able to be found by the front desk personnel upon check-in and we had to review e-mails to find it for them. I was not thrilled that there was no fridge or microwave in our room, since I normally have these when I travel and I travel all of the time. I was shocked to find out that you expected me to pay $9.99 per day to access internet in my room. I am traveling on business all the time. I rely on my internet service to keep in touch with my Clients and Associates. I will not be forced to pay additional charges for a service I get free in other hotel branches and I don't believe your facility warrants additional charges as opposed to any Holiday Inn I have stayed in. What do you think makes Hilton so special, that could justify the additional charges?

1  Thank Brian W
DTCedarRapidsManager, Director of Rooms at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cedar Rapids Convention Complex, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

We apologize for the poor level of service and amenities you experienced during your stay. Did you know that you can get free internet with your HHonors status? We hope the next time you're in the area you would consider staying with us again.

Reviewed 15 January 2014

Lovely looking hotel, but if you like sleeping I wouldn't stay there. There is a train next to the hotel. The tracks run through the middle of the town and the train passed three times the during the night blowing the whistle all the way. There is also a fire station unbelievably right across the street as well. Don't know why this hotel would be placed where it is.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Ann Z

We apologize for the noise level outside of our hotel. We now offer ear plugs and sleep masks at the front desk now to help alleviate this issue. The next time you are in the area we hope you would consider staying with us again.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

This is my first stay since the hotel was re-opened after major renovations. It is a total transformation. Although small, the rooms were well appointed and clean. The pool area and workout facilities are wonderful. We attended an event and the food and service were excellent. Great staff as well. The only downside is the train that comes through in the middle of the night.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Barb S
Reviewed 14 January 2014

The internet is not free at the facility. Since I normally stay at locations that have free internet, I wll not stay here again. Overall accomodations were good but again lack of internet access was a drawback to staying at this hotel.

1  Thank Douglas P

Thank you for your recent stay, and for your review. We do have certain areas of the hotel where internet is complimentary, and did you know that based upon your Honors status internet is free?

Reviewed 14 January 2014

We live in Cedar Rapids and chose to use the Doubletree as the place to hold our Christmas Party. The hotel is a VERY nice meeting place and one of the nicest hotels in the city. The Bud Light lounge was a great place to meet before heading to the party. The restaurant on the top floor of the hotel has great views of the city and had a great atmosphere. And, of course, I don't want to forget the cookies they give you at check in because they are awesome!!

1  Thank 365mikeg
Reviewed 12 January 2014

I had not been to Cedar Rapids and had no clue where to stay. The Doubletree was close to my appointment and knowing the chain, felt it would meet my needs. My surprise came first in how accommodating the staff was at check in. They went out of their way to assist us with a large vehicle we were driving. They also were extremely pleasant both at checking and during entire stay. Room was fine, nothing out of the ordinary. Convenient to downtown, attached to convention center and best of all, very competitively priced. Would definitely stay there again if need arises.

1  Thank chuckos77
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Very clean, and the staff was nice, helpful and went out of there way to make our stay enjoyable. One staff member gave us her personal fan to use overnight. We forgot ours and are used to sleeping with one, so that was very much appreciated.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
#18 of 37 in Cedar Rapids
Homewood Suites by Hilton Cedar Rapids North
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Cedar Rapids Airport, IA
Fairfield Inn & Suites Cedar Rapids

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cedar Rapids Convention Complex? Share your experiences!