“Best Pizza in town.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
“Best Pizza in town.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2013

Zoey's is a close second, but these guys know how to "make good pizza". It is their only mission statement!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Jake V

SoDak
“Excellent pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2013

Locally-owned, think there are 3 (?) locations in the Cedar Rapids metro area, ordered from the one on Center Point Road, closest to my hotel. Went with the New York style thin crust. The crust was thin and the outside edges crispy, just the way I like it. The pepperoni and sausage toppings were plentiful, as was the cheese. Could have used just a dab more sauce, but it wasn't dry by any means - I just like a lot of sauce, especially if it's good. Had a tasty seasoning sprinkled on top. And, the pie was cut into squares, which is how I like thin crust pizzas cut. The only reason I deducted a star is because they don't have delivery in the evenings, which I would have appreciated after a long, tiring day of travel and work. The young man behind the counter (John?) was very friendly and helpful. Overall, I enjoyed this pizza and would definitely order again.

1 Thank ATSgrl
Midwest
“BEST pizza, hands down”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2013

When I want the BEST pizza in town, I call Tomaso's. I use the Marion location usually as it's closer to home. Admittedly, the only pizza I order is the Detroit Mambo Combo. It is the best pizza I can remember ever having besides Pizzeria Uno or Gino's in Chicago, both deep dish. The Detroit is not deep dish but I crave it. No lip crust, which caramelizes, cornmeal dusted bottom. It does take 45 minutes and I pick it up, so if I think ahead it works perfectly. The pizza is not sliced but they will show it to you before closing the box. It is a lot of pizza for the money so I don't think of it as too pricey.

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
“Not your ordinary pizza.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

Tomaso's Pizza offers a nice variety of crust options. We like the Detroit ~ pan-style with carmelized cheese out to the edge and sauce on top. We also like their New York style thin crust. It's just the right amount of crust in a hand-tossed style. Our two favorite specialty pizzas are the Mombo Combo and Taco. This is not the restaurant for you if you're going for ambiance, but what it lacks in atmosphere, it makes up for in a great pizza taste.

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Good but not as good as Zoey's”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2013

Why Should You Go? I really like it - still think Zoey's is better but if you don't want to wait an hour for a table - it's a very close second.

• Visited February 2013