“Pet friendly and people friendly hotel”

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Cedar Rapids Airport
Ranked #16 of 37 Hotels in Cedar Rapids
Reviewed 27 February 2014

The location of this hotel makes me feel more secure than others we have stayed at in Cedar Rapids, especially when traveling with children. This was our second trip to this hotel in the past month.

The first time we stayed in a pet friendly room with our dog. There were no extra restrictions on us for bringing him other than the nightly pet fee. He didn't have to be a certain weight, sleep in a kennel, etc.

The second time we stayed in one of the 2 room suites. My son enjoyed having his own TV and there was more privacy with him setting up camp on the couch in the living room area.

I love the convenience of RFID keycards for hotel and room entry especially when trying to carry luggage or hang onto the dog leash. Our rooms were clean and quiet during both stays.

We didn't have alot of interaction with the staff but they were courteous. The parking lot was a little full during our last stay, but we managed.

2  Thank Amy S
Amanda M, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Cedar Rapids Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

I am very happy that you enjoyed both your stays with us. More and more people are traveling with their pets so we are happy to provide that service for our guests. The new RFID keys is something we just recently added and they are much easier for our guests to use and they don't lose their programming like the old keys did. We look forward to having you return for another visit when you are in Cedar Rapids. Amanda Minnaert General Manager

Reviewed 20 February 2014

Wouldn't recommend...rude front desk...didn't want to honor the price quoted from our 1800# reservation, internet was slow/wouldn't stay connected and we had reserved a roll-away bed when reservation was made and then at the hotel, they said we couldn't put it in our room..fire hazard. Then move us to a room that can accommodate 5 people! Nobody slept well because of that! Positives: the room was clean, pool area pretty nice for the kids and breakfast was super.

1  Thank Denise H
Amanda M, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Cedar Rapids Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

I do apologize that you had the impression that I was not going to honor the rate for you. The 800# did make an error with the rate that was provided to you. The rate you received is for State Government Employees only and to receive this rate we need to see the guests State Government Id which you informed me upon check in that you did not have, which is why I explained to you the issue with the rate you received but I honored the rate without question. I have contacted the 800# and our corporate office and advised them of their error so that this does not happen again. On your reservation there was no information about you needing a rollaway, had there been I would have advised you at check in that we would not be able to accommodate this request due to state regulations we can not allow a rollaway in those rooms as it is against fire code and our rollway's are available on a first come first serve basis. If we had rooms that could accommodate 5 guests we would have moved you without any hesitation. Once again I do sincerely apologize for the issues during your stay. Amanda Minnaert General Manager

Reviewed 12 February 2014

When we arrived after a very trying day your staff was very gracious and made us feel at ease. We used the pet friendly room and even sent a picture to family members on how relax our dog felt. Thanks a million

1  Thank Ann M
Amanda M, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Cedar Rapids Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

It sounds like your really enjoyed your stay including your dog. I am happy that we had one of our pet friendly rooms available for you during your stay. Our pets are so much apart of our families these days that it is wonderful to be able to travel with them. We look forward to having your and your dog back anytime.
Amanda Minnaert General Manager

Reviewed 10 February 2014

Rooms were clean overall with the exception of finding a peice of clothing inside the love seat in the room,and the staff was nice,just had issues with billing as i was charged twice for one of the nights and have yet to get it fixed.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chris M
Amanda M, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Cedar Rapids Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and you are correct there was a payment issue but it was not your mistake. On February 10th I received the AmericInn survey from the guest and when I read the comments the guest left, I immediately researched the issue and saw that an error had been made on my part. Right away I corrected the issue by refunding the guests credit card and reached out to the guest via email advising how the error occurred and that it was resolved.
All the staff work hard to make sure that mistakes do not happen but sometimes they do and when they do we will work tirelessly to get it resolved immediately. I do extend my sincere apologies for this error and I hope that we will see you again in the future.
Amanda Minnaert General Manager

Reviewed 27 January 2014

Thank you. Very nice and we enjoyed our stay. The room was very nice and comfortable. This is close to the airport and we used the shuttle. This is close to shopping and food too. I would recommend staying here.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Cindy P
Amanda M, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Cedar Rapids Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Thank you for your wonderful comments. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and used the shuttle service to the Eastern Iowa Airport. We want to provide our guests with excellent accommodations, superior customer service and a friendly staff. We look forward to having you back with us in the future. Amanda Minnaert General Manager

Reviewed 24 January 2014

From the moment I got through the front door, I was greeted with hospitality and great service. My stay was for business, but the atmosphere was warm and inviting, home away from home. Great rooms, too!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Charlene M
Amanda M, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Cedar Rapids Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

I wanted to thank you for your wonderful remarks. We strive to treat our guests the way we all want to be treated, with respect. We love to provide excellent customer service and make each and every stay great. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we would love to have you return in the future. Amanda Minnaert General Manager

Reviewed 7 January 2014

I have stayed at the Americinn Hotel for many years when I visit a daughter in Cedar Rapids. I have always found the staff to be extremely helpful and pleasant. The room has been fine for me. I like the variety of the breakfasts.
I was there in June of 2013 and probably will be back again this summer. It is convenient to my daughters home and I have always been treated well.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Amanda M, Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Cedar Rapids Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

I want to thank you for your comments. It is always great to hear back from our guests on their stay with us. I love to hear that we are providing our guests with a wonderful hotel stay. We want to make sure that your stay from start to finish is up to your expectations. I can not wait to have you back with us this summer. Amanda Minnaert