“Very over priced for moldy bread and meat tasted like it was frozen.Poorly cooked and the staff was unfriendly. My husband and ”

The Class Act Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Class Act Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 425 Restaurants in Cedar Rapids
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 76th St SW
Transit: Kirkwood Blvd and 76th St SW.
Description: The Class Act Restaurant, located within The Hotel at Kirkwood Center, is eastern Iowa's newest and tastiest gourmet restaurant. Just minutes from popular attractions in downtown Cedar Rapids and Iowa City, The Class Act Restaurant provides great food and outstanding service in a hip, yet friendly and comfortable environment unlike any other in Cedar Rapids. In addition to offering an outstanding menu featuring the very best locally-grown produce and select fare from around the country, The Class Act also serves as a real-time, real-world teaching environment for Kirkwood's groundbreaking Culinary Arts program. Our menus are designed differently, far more creatively, in response to our teaching responsibility, and to provide the dining experience you and your family and friends expect. The Class Act offers the premier spot in Cedar Rapids whether you're looking to celebrate with friends and family, invite your clients for a great meal while in town, or just enjoy a romantic evening for two. From haute cuisine to home cookin', The Class Act offers dishes designed for just about any appetite - and just about any budget. Whether you seek light bites such as our gourmet small plates, savor culinary delights like the Iowa-cut pork chop or seasonal risotto, or simply prefer to dig into the juicy, farm-fresh flavors of the signature Class Act Burger, our seasonal breakfast, lunch, weekend brunch, and dinner menus offer something to suit your tastes. Or stop in and enjoy one of the tasty cocktails or wines from the restaurant's bar and extensive wine cellar. And don't miss the sweet delights our award-winning dessert menu to provide the perfect finish to your day. You have very high expectations for what is prepared here. And rightly so. Enjoy amazing gourmet food, unmatched service and a surprisingly agreeable check. Together with our breathtaking decor and quiet ambience, we've created a flawless experience that is truly a Class Act.
Reviewed 3 May 2014

It's a culinary school resturant but the cooking is horrible. I felt very unwelcome in this restaurant so I did not come back. They have a lot to learn.

There are newer reviews for The Class Act Restaurant

Reviewed 6 April 2014

The Class Act is a restaurant inside the Kirkwood Hotel south of the Kirkwood College campus. The hotel & restaurant are part of student learning programs at the college. We were pleasantly greeted and quickly seated in a quiet dining area. Very modern, upscale ambiance. Waiter very helpful and knowledgeable. Nice variety on menu, full service bar but limited wine choices. Definitely, worth the search!

Reviewed 23 March 2014

I chose the pasta special which I switched out with a grilled chicken breast instead of the swordfish. It was a large portion and I took half of it home. My husband ordered the burger and said it was moist and excellent. He loved the huge slices of bacon with it. Very nice atmosphere and EXCELLENT service. We received one free dessert for our anniversary and ordered a second. The lemon tartlet was excellent and the Death By Chocolate was "to die for". We also ordered their breakfast for room service. The omelette was huge and full of veggies and meat. The fruit was fresh as well. I never got the toast that came with it though. My husband didn't care for his biscuits and gravy. It was more of a brown gravy seasoned with a Lawry's type seasoning. The potatoes came with the same seasoning. They were covered in the salty seasoning and were awful. We couldn't eat them. $5 down the tube. But everything else was excellent.

Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

We were looking for a nicer restaurant closer to the airport before dropping our daughter off for her flight. We found this thru trip advisor and never would have found it otherwise. And I am so happy we did! Fun modern decor, menu with a bit of flare and fast service.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

I ordered a pork dish that was very tough and flavorless. My date ordered a shrimp dish that was better, but not remarkable. I had been looking forward to going to Class Act, and was very disappointed. I thought it was very expensive for what we had. Our waiter was a delightful young man, but the person who seated us seemed quite bored with our presence. The restaurant was practically empty and we felt that she was disgusted to have someone show up. We had a cheese plate after dinner that was beautifully presented, and my date enjoyed very much.

2  Thank Cynthia M