All reviewscarriage housethe main housebelmont suitewonderful hostsresidential neighborhoodbreakfast was deliciousguest rooms are locatedfairy gardeninteresting conversationbrought coffeeperennial gardensevery single morningthree roomswooded areaother guestsin townwrong spot
Reviewed 2 January 2014

My husband and I welcomed the New Year with two other couples(long time friends) at this bed and breakfast. It was charming and oh so comfortable. We give Belmont 5 stars in every category. The accommodations left nothing wanting. The food was delicious and the presentation in the large Victorian dining room was beautiful. Our hosts were warm and friendly....eager to provide all we needed.This beautiful Victorian home and carriage house provided a very relaxed beginning to our new year celebration. Highly recommend for a couples get-away!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 December 2013

Cedar Rapids has a number of gems though this is by far the best kept secret of them all!!
We are on a second round of stays and it only seems to get better. Please read the half dozen reviews prior to this and those folks say it all; I don't think I have more to offer: beautiful venue, terrifically hospitable hosts, comfortable accommodations, delicious food (with presentation), generous amenities, assistance of any variety for the asking.
Stay a day...stay a week...it/they will not disappoint.

Room Tip: No swimming pool : ). Any and all rooms will make for a delightful stay. If you can do steps and have a little extra cash (or just like to treat yourself) get the suite - roomy and a special space.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 December 2013

We give Belmont 5 stars all the way down. The inn keepers are such warm, genuine people. It was an absolute treat being in their home with them. The home itself is gorgeous with antique furniture and very carefully restored decor set to the period of the home.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 22 December 2013

This was the best B&B experience we have had!

My husband and I spent three nights there in December, and had a thoroughly enjoyable and relaxing time.

The accommodations were very nice and comfy.

The breakfasts were much better than the standard fare; being both delicious and healthful, and served in a really gracious atmosphere in the main house.

But the feature that really sets this place above the rest is the warmth and charm of the hosts – Shelly and Ken (and the little dogs, lol). They really went out of their way to make us feel at home, and couldn’t do enough to make our stay enjoyable: helping us find vegetarian restaurants; suggestions about local sights and shopping; writing recipes; bringing a hot water bottle to our room (oooooh)!

Definitely a 5-star rating :)

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Spent three days in a charming place with gracious hosts and wonderful food. I took my little dog and it was a fine place for our morning walks. I'll bet it is beautiful in the wooded area in the spring time.

• Stayed: November 2013