All reviews carriage house the main house belmont suite wonderful hosts residential neighborhood breakfast was delicious guest rooms are located fairy garden interesting conversation brought coffee perennial gardens every single morning three rooms wooded area other guests in town wrong spot
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We rented out the entire carriage house for a girls trip and had a fabulous time! The rooms were quaint and clean. I loved the privacy of having the entire house to ourselves. The owners were an absolute delight and we enjoyed having conversations with them during breakfast. They were so friendly and really added to our wonderful experience. This is an oasis amongst a residential area with plenty of land to provide a feeling of remoteness. The breakfast was fantastic. Thank you for such a wonderful experience!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 April 2014

It was a long time since I've been in Cedar Rapids~ perhaps 20 years! When I wanted to visit my sister she came up with the grand idea of the two of us staying in a B&B. I decided not to argue :) And what a brilliant idea it was. For the same price as a chain hotel we shared a beautiful second-floor suite. She had the king bed, I graciously accepted the double bed. The suite is arranged to provide privacy even though there was not a wall to separate us. My bed was so comfortable.

The three guests rooms are located in a lovingly restored carriage. Breakfast is served in the main house, just steps away. The grounds were not yet in bloom, the only disappointment experienced. I want to see it in full glory.

Breakfast was served at a time we choose. I've been in B&B's where the host chose the breakfast time~ not here! My sister and I decided 9:30 a.m. was a civilized time. Another guest, whom we never met, was a business man and he ate at 7 a.m. Every breakfast was gourmet and delicious. I LOVE coffee and it was excellent. I so easily could fall in love with enjoying breakfast everyday with fine china, crystal, crisply ironed tablecloths. We took our time eating and never once felt rushed.

The word "lovingly" is one I would use over and over to describe this historic B&B. The rooms "lovingly" decorated, the food "lovingly" prepared~ you get the idea. Already wanting to return in December as it is (you guessed it!) lovingly decorated to ensure an exquisite Victorian holiday.

Thank you so much for a much-needed respite! This B&B is exquisite and I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: The suite has two beds, both unique.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I had the pleasure of staying three nights at Belmont Bed and Breakfast. The second floor carriage suite was lovely and the breakfasts were delicious. The grounds were peaceful with birds, squirrels and rabbits visiting a feeder in the yard. Shelly was a friendly and interesting hostess. It was an enjoyable and relaxing experience.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jennifer47S
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We love traveling to places and staying in a Bed & Breakfast. Belmont Hill gives a feeling of "Victorian" done with much warmth and love of the history and beauty. The gracious owners thought of everything and welcomed us warmly. The food was wonderful and the setting beautiful. We will tell our friends and relatives about this "gem". The Magees.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 January 2014

My husband and I welcomed the New Year with two other couples(long time friends) at this bed and breakfast. It was charming and oh so comfortable. We give Belmont 5 stars in every category. The accommodations left nothing wanting. The food was delicious and the presentation in the large Victorian dining room was beautiful. Our hosts were warm and friendly....eager to provide all we needed.This beautiful Victorian home and carriage house provided a very relaxed beginning to our new year celebration. Highly recommend for a couples get-away!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends