“Excellent Bed and Breakfast!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cedar Rapids
Belmont Hill Victorian Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Cedar Rapids B&B and Inns
Grimes, Iowa
“Excellent Bed and Breakfast!”
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

We had a wonderful time here at Belmont Hill. We stayed in the suite which was very large and comfortable. The breakfast was delicious and the owners, Shelley and Ken, were very friendly. The grounds were beautiful and the price is very affordable. We will definitely be coming back here again! I highly recommend staying here!

• Stayed July 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 15 July 2014

My husband and I were in Cedar Rapids for about 10 days to visit family, friends, and points of interest in the area. Shelley and Ken welcomed us warmly and made a home for us. Our room was perfect -- good light for reading, super comfortable bed, convenient bathroom, and lots of big, fluffy towels. Use of the refrigerator in the adjacent storage room let us keep a bit of cheese to have with our glass of wine. (Stemmed glasses were already waiting on the little table.) Shelley's gracious table service and delicious breakfasts (at OUR convenience) started each morning on the right note. The grounds at the inn were beautiful with colorful spring flowers. When the time came to move on, we were sad to leave our new "framily."

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 1 July 2014

This is the second time I have stayed with Shelly & Ken. They are absolutely great hosts and their attention to detail makes the visit very special. On both trips I had the opportunity to help with a Habitat for Humanity house build in the area hit by the 2008 flood. When I came home, and I do mean home after a fun/hard day building, the atmosphere on their property and the comfort of the room made it so easy for me to relax and enjoy a peaceful evening.

Shelly's warm smile and wonderful breakfast each morning made starting the day as enjoyable as returning home. The breakfast setting is very elegant and can make you want to return just to have breakfast everyday. The breakfast time is also an opportunity to get to know the other guests, which is enjoyable and something you don't get at the continental breakfast at the local hotels/motels.

The B&B experience is a warm comfortable way to visit your friends, family or while on business. During this last visit, one guest that had spent the last several months returning to Cedar Rapids on business stayed in the suite on the upper level of carriage house where she had an opportunity to bring her quilting materials and enjoy her past time while on the road. If that's not making you feel like home, I don't know what would.

I will be returning to Cedar Rapids on a regular basis to help with the rebuilding, and I will definitely be staying at the Belmont Hill each time.

Room Tip: The two rooms on the lower level of the Cottage House are wonderful quaint rooms. The suite on the...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Keith W
Schaumburg, Illinois
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We rented out the entire carriage house for a girls trip and had a fabulous time! The rooms were quaint and clean. I loved the privacy of having the entire house to ourselves. The owners were an absolute delight and we enjoyed having conversations with them during breakfast. They were so friendly and really added to our wonderful experience. This is an oasis amongst a residential area with plenty of land to provide a feeling of remoteness. The breakfast was fantastic. Thank you for such a wonderful experience!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 17 April 2014

It was a long time since I've been in Cedar Rapids~ perhaps 20 years! When I wanted to visit my sister she came up with the grand idea of the two of us staying in a B&B. I decided not to argue :) And what a brilliant idea it was. For the same price as a chain hotel we shared a beautiful second-floor suite. She had the king bed, I graciously accepted the double bed. The suite is arranged to provide privacy even though there was not a wall to separate us. My bed was so comfortable.

The three guests rooms are located in a lovingly restored carriage. Breakfast is served in the main house, just steps away. The grounds were not yet in bloom, the only disappointment experienced. I want to see it in full glory.

Breakfast was served at a time we choose. I've been in B&B's where the host chose the breakfast time~ not here! My sister and I decided 9:30 a.m. was a civilized time. Another guest, whom we never met, was a business man and he ate at 7 a.m. Every breakfast was gourmet and delicious. I LOVE coffee and it was excellent. I so easily could fall in love with enjoying breakfast everyday with fine china, crystal, crisply ironed tablecloths. We took our time eating and never once felt rushed.

The word "lovingly" is one I would use over and over to describe this historic B&B. The rooms "lovingly" decorated, the food "lovingly" prepared~ you get the idea. Already wanting to return in December as it is (you guessed it!) lovingly decorated to ensure an exquisite Victorian holiday.

Thank you so much for a much-needed respite! This B&B is exquisite and I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: The suite has two beds, both unique.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

I had the pleasure of staying three nights at Belmont Bed and Breakfast. The second floor carriage suite was lovely and the breakfasts were delicious. The grounds were peaceful with birds, squirrels and rabbits visiting a feeder in the yard. Shelly was a friendly and interesting hostess. It was an enjoyable and relaxing experience.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jennifer47S
Imperial, Missouri
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We love traveling to places and staying in a Bed & Breakfast. Belmont Hill gives a feeling of "Victorian" done with much warmth and love of the history and beauty. The gracious owners thought of everything and welcomed us warmly. The food was wonderful and the setting beautiful. We will tell our friends and relatives about this "gem". The Magees.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business