All reviews carriage house the main house belmont suite wonderful hosts residential neighborhood breakfast was delicious guest rooms are located fairy garden interesting conversation brought coffee perennial gardens every single morning three rooms wooded area other guests in town wrong spot
Reviewed 23 October 2016

This place was really amazing! So quant and true to form in every regard. The room was comfortable, the inn keepers were wonderful people and were so organized and did everything possible to make sure you felt welcomed. The three course breakfast with plates garnished with flora from their garden was truly delightful every single morning. If ever we go back to Cedar Rapids, this where we will be returning to!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 October 2016

I stayed here for three weeks while working in Cedar Rapids during October, 2016. The room in the Carriage House was very comfortable, with everything I needed, including a refrigerator just steps down the hall. The setting is quiet and peaceful, with a lovely yard available for some sun and fresh air when desired. The location was about 10 minutes away from every site I visited for my work (four different locations), as well as the YMCA, the public library, and an array of restaurants and museums. Breakfast was healthy and substantial each morning, and bottled water was available as needed, in the Carriage House refrigerator. A small, but greatly- appreciated touch was the two small chocolates waiting for me as I arrived "home" each afternoon/evening. The owners, Shelley and Ken, were of invaluable assistance when I experienced a crisis with my laptop computer. This is the perfect location for a single woman traveler with its combination of privacy, safety, and opportunity to connected with fellow guests and/or the local community. When my husband joined me for the weekend, we found it to be a perfect couples get-away as well. There is a lovely two-bed suite upstairs in the Carriage House, perfect for families or girlfriend get-togethers. The combination of comfort, value and service makes Belmont Hill a no-brainer compared to local hotel rooms, many of which charge more for an experience that will be mediocre in contrast to the delightful amenities at Belmont Hill. I can't recommend this B&B highly enough.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 October 2016

This B&B gets an A for its decor, amenities, and breakfast. The rooms are in the carriage house and our room was decorated with period furniture including a tall Amana bed that required steps to crawl into bed. The main house where breakfast is served is equally well appointed with beautiful antique furniture. The spacious shower with great water pressure was one of the best i have had at a B&B. A breakfast of eggs, fruit, baked goods and beverages was served in the lovely dining room. The gardens around the B&B are also beautifully maintained. When traveling to the B&B, you may think you are lost because it is not in a historic area but in the middle of a 70s (?) housing development. Once you find it, though, it is like a historic oasis where you will find peaceful respite during your stay.

Room Tip: Choose the king room if you don't want to climb into bed.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2016 via mobile

Well where to begin...this is only our 2nd bed and breakfast stay so we've not really experienced anything too bad. That being said the only bad thing we found was the bed was way too comfortable & the setting too relaxing! We decided to rest our eyes for just a short time & it turned into a 4 hour nap! It was like we went away to escape all the hustle of work & reality &recharged! It was a beautiful country setting that you would never know was in the middle of suburbs. Ken & Shelly were very gracious hosts who treated us like family, I've never ate so much delicious food for breakfast! We will definitely go back!!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2016 via mobile

This is a hidden jewel high on a hill in Cedar Rapids Iowa.
The guest rooms are in a historic brick carraige house. Beautifully decorated. Very elegant and homey at the same time. Surrouned by woods it feels like you are in your own private hideaway.
A special treat was coffe brought to the room before breakfast in a beautiful floral basket.
Breakfast was at the main house. Delicous cinamin french toast with baked apples.
The owner were so welcoming and friendly.
Thoroughly enjoyed our stay! Would definitely stay again!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple