All reviews carriage house the main house belmont suite wonderful hosts residential neighborhood breakfast was delicious guest rooms are located fairy garden interesting conversation brought coffee perennial gardens every single morning three rooms wooded area other guests in town wrong spot
Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

This place was way more than I was expecting. This was my first experience at a bed and breakfast, and I am pretty sure it has already ruined any future experiences I may have because I can't imagine them measuring up to this one. I was traveling with two toddlers, age 1 and 2 by myself. They let me come and get a key early and turns out the room was already ready for us so I was able to drop off our things before we headed to the birthday party we were attending. The rooms were adorable, with very nice touches and decor with out being overly museum-like. Very comfortable beds and super soft sheets that smelled so nice and freshly laundered - unlike hotel bedding with the sterile commercial cleaning scent. Beautiful property tucked into the middle of am unassuming subdivision. It was like turning a corner and stepping back in time as we drove in. Breakfast was so beautiful and delicious - I regret having two busy babies with me because I didn't eat all of it! The hosts were amazing and had even set up two highchairs for my children and made them special kids friendly plates and even had small utensils for them! I was absolutely astonished at the attention to detail. All of the "adult" food was served on beautiful china and with cloth napkins and coffee kept coming(thanks!). I will definitely stay here again when I am in the area - hopefully next time I am kid-free so I can truly enjoy the relaxing atmosphere. Thanks for such a lovely experience!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 October 2017

Found Belmont Hill online and it was everything we hoped for and expected. Tucked away among beautiful oaks and walnut trees, this wonderful B and B was home to my wife and I for three nights. We stayed in the Belmont Suite, a very large and comfortable suite with lots of room to spread out. The innkeepers, Shelley and Ken, could not have been nicer or more accommodating. The breakfasts were special events. We really hope to be back!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2017

What a great experience. We've been visiting our kids in Iowa for over 10 years, staying in-town at a hotel that closed in the last year. I searched for alternatives in-town and found Belmont Hill. It looked good from the reviews so we booked; hoping is was as good as expected.

It was even better. The three rooms are all charming; we stayed on one of the ground floor rooms. The look, furnishings, and convenience were just what we wanted. The breakfasts were great and it was fun to visit with our great hosts and other guests.

Oh, it was even less expensive than the now closed hotel.

We'll be coming back here for each future trip.

Room Tip: 2 bed suite upstairs requires a stair climb. Both of the downstairs rooms are great and equal.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 September 2017

Belmont Hill was an excellent B&B. Each room was tastefully decorated and exceptionally clean. The grounds were well kept in a wooded environment and quiet.
The owners were extremely gracious and we felt warm and welcome. Breakfast was awesome and we bonded immediately with the owners and other guests. Hands down the best accommodations we could have asked for. Hopefully our granddaughter will play volleyball in Cedar Rapids again next year so we can go back or maybe just make the trip for no reason at all except to stay again.

Room Tip: the suites a very, very spacious
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 September 2017

The owner were so warm and welcoming. The coach house was beautiful. Rooms were clean and very comfortable. We also had delicious breakfast to start our day. Great location. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family