Best Western Plus Longbranch Hotel & Convention Center
Ranked #4 of 37 Hotels in Cedar Rapids
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This is a nice hotel at an attractive price with an excellent points system. They meet the standard requirements of the business traveller - free internet service, free breakfast, an exercise room, and pool, and a business center in case you need to print something.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Kathy L, General Manager at Best Western Plus Longbranch Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear Felix, Everything we do is aimed at providing our guests with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable. Best Western has an exceptional Rewards program for their guests, thank you for being a valued member. The hotel has everything a business traveler needs, complimentary hot breakfast, free internet, free parking and free access to our 8,000 sq. ft. fitness club. I'm glad our services and amenities met your needs. I look forward to your return.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Hotel is clean & staff if friendly. Breakfast is a little tricky to find. You have to go down a walkway on the 4th floor to the atrium. They have an indoor pool & gym along with a pool table & foosball table in the atrium. Lots of stuff within walking distance. Shops & restaurants. The bar has good & inexpensive drinks.

1  Thank FlyGirl129

Dear FlyGirl, I appreciate you sharing your experience with us so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future. Our breakfast cafe is located in the pool view building which is across a covered skywalk, if you are not staying in the pool view wing. The many choices on the complimentary hot breakfast buffet make it worth the short walk. The hotel is nicely located near shopping, restaurants and theaters. I'm glad you were able to visit our award winning Longbranch Restaurant and Lounge. Thank you again and have a nice day.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Hotel was close to mall, stores and restaurants. lots of walking to go to breakfast, Breakfast was very good, can purchase a breakfast for $2 off also. Bed was uncomfortable for me, was to soft. But everythig else was really great.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Helen, I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We do have a very nice complimentary hot breakfast but some of our guests still prefer to order from the menu so we offer a discount off the menu prices. Either way the guest leaves happy! Our hotel is located within walking distance to shopping, restaurants and theaters which is nice for those with extra time. Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. Have a great day!

Reviewed 21 May 2014

From the moment of checking in, I was not impressed. I carry in my luggage to find out I have to drive to another building. My room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The lounge in my building was okay. The second night I walked through the skywalk to the other lounge. The smell was over powering!!! They had karaoke in the lounge. OMG, the absolute worse I have ever heard. Apparently this group of locals think they have talent? It drove me out of the lounge!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Kathy L, General Manager at Best Western Plus Longbranch Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

Dear Kenton, Thank you for posting your comments and concerns on TripAdvisor. Your feedback is important to us as we strive to meet all guest expectations. We do have a unique layout and if your reservation is for a pool view room it is more convenient to drive to that building, much like having to drive to the opposite side if a hotel has multiple entry doors. We do have entertainment in Kitty's lounge on certain nights and the DJ will let customers sing karaoke if they request to. I understand your comments regarding the karaoke but we are unable to ask guests to not participate. We do offer the option of the pool side lounge where it is quieter. Thank you again for your comments, guest feedback will help us continue to provide an elevated level of service to you and all our guests. Have a wonderful day.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Very clean and welcoming. There was a mix up with the reservations(via 800 number), but the woman at check out was very helpful. The beds were very comfortable, but the air conditioner was a bit noisy. The work out room looked great but I was unaware that it closed at PM, so I could not use it.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Kelly, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at The Best Western Longbranch with fellow travelers. Our staff prides itself on exceeding guest expectations, and I am pleased you experienced that service first hand. I am sorry you were not able to take advantage of our 8,000 sq. ft. fitness club. It is complimentary to our hotel guests. Hopefully you will be returning to the area and will be able to put it to use, just ask the desk attendant for the hours. Thank you again and have a wonderful day.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

I was in the area for a University of Iowa graduation and found the rates in Iowa City to be so high I could have taken a trip to the islands for a week! I found this hotel on-line and, though the décor is a little dated, it was quiet, clean and in a close to everything location. I would stay again - great value.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Robyne, I truly appreciate it when guests take the time to tell their fellow travelers about their experience at The Best Western Plus Longbranch. Congratulations to the family member or friend who graduated from the University of Iowa, how exciting. I'm happy you found our hotel and were able to experience all we have to offer. I look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Good value. good location. Bed comfortable and room was clean. The rooms were common but very comfortable. Breakfast was good. staff very helpful. nice place to stay if in Cedar Rapids are, make sure you check out the local town square in Marion only a couple of miles from hotel. great place for business trip or a family trip.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Erin, It was a pleasure receiving the comments about your stay with us. Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. Marion is a wonderful town to experience, they have many unique shops as well as many activities in the town square such as farmers markets and art festivals. Thank you again, I look forward to your return. Have a wonderful day.