“Best Property in Cedar Rapids”

Best Western Plus Longbranch Hotel & Convention Center
Ranked #4 of 37 Hotels in Cedar Rapids
Reviewed 15 August 2014

The Best Western Plus, Long Branch is an outstanding property!! The Staff is friendly and professional and the property, inside and out, is very well maintained. They have a great lap pool which opens at 6:00 AM and a great fitness center as well. This is also a Pet Friendly Hotel. I always stay here when in Cedar Rapids

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Kathy L, General Manager at Best Western Plus Longbranch Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2014

Dear Doug, It was a pleasure receiving the comments about your stay with us. I sincerely appreciate your kind words regarding the staff and facilities. The entire staff strives to provide our guests with an excellent hotel experience, I'm glad you experienced this firsthand. Our 8,000 sq. ft. fitness facility is an added bonus for hotel guests who enjoy working out. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. I look forward to your return.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

This was my second stay at this property. Last year, I had the misfortune of being here the same night as a wedding, which led to a lot of noise issues. The hotel GM very graciously offered a complimentary night to make up for the inconvenience, which I was happy to be able to redeem this year.

I knew immediately that this experience would be different, because there were only a handful of cars in the parking lot when I arrived around 9:30 p.m. Check-in was quick and friendly. My room was clean, comfortable and quite functional. I arrived so late and departed so early that I didn't use Wi-Fi or other facilities, so I can't comment on those.

This is something of an "old school" property in that it's divided into different sections. The breakfast area, pool, etc. is in a building separate from where you might stay. Personally, I kind of liked that. But I could see where some might prefer to have it all be more contained.

All in all, a very nice stay, and certainly an improvement over my first experience here.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Kathy L, General Manager at Best Western Plus Longbranch Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear Kcboy, Thank you for agreeing to give us another chance to provide you with superior customer service. We do have a unique layout with the indoor pool, garden atrium/game room, fitness center and breakfast café along with the pool view hotel rooms located across a covered skywalk from the standard section of the hotel. The pool view section is great for families as it has easy access to the amenities they enjoy. So that all our guests may enjoy a restful and comfortable stay we do close the pool and atrium area at 10:30pm. As you experienced, sometimes the noise is just from wedding or holiday party guests going to their hotel rooms after their reception is over, they don't realize there are people just beyond the hallway doors who are trying to sleep. Once again, thank you for sharing your comments and concerns so we were able to better serve you on your repeat visit.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

We had a great afternoon at the Longbranch celebrating our niece's bridal shower! The events planner was very prompt in working out all our requests and accommodating our needs. The hotel staff that helped get our room and food ready were great and the food was fantastic! We had a variety of food to pick from! Our family will choose the Longbranch for other events in the future!

• Stayed: August 2014
Kathy L, General Manager at Best Western Plus Longbranch Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Your kind comments on the staff and facility are sincerely appreciated. Our entire staff prides itself on exceeding guest expectations and I am pleased you experienced that service firsthand. We have a very experienced sales team who ensure every detail of your banquet and meeting room needs are taken care of. Congratulations to your niece on her upcoming wedding. I'm glad we had a part in making her day memorable.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Friendly and pleasant staff throughout facility. Good food and fun bar. Honeymoon suite was exceptional with many amenities. Breakfast was above average. Plenty of parking for a facility that is mid-city located.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Steve, It was a pleasure receiving the comments about your stay with us. I'm glad you were able to experience some of the amenities our facility has to offer. The Longbranch Restaurant has a wide variety of menu items as well as a daily buffet and nightly specials. Kitty's Lounge offers entertainment such as Trivia Night, Live Jazz, DJ's and more. The hot tub room in the honeymoon suite has just recently been remodeled with a state of the art hot tub, intricate tile work and 42" flat screen television. The newly enlarged bathroom has a walk in shower with dual rain showerheads, tiled shower and floor and granite vanity. I'm happy your stay with us was enjoyable and look forward to your return.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

We always look for best westerns usually good bang for buck. We found this one because of our GPS and a large sign on the main drag as the property was a block or so off the beaten path (not a bad thing) The long branch is unusual in other ways. The lay out is unusual. It would be hard for me to believe this was not started and added to on several occasions. Its a big place that is very clean with friendly people. The breakfast was especially good w/ fresh fruit real eggs and sausage that actually tasted like sausage (contrary to the stuff that was available @ the Holiday Inn express we stayed at in Minn. the previous 3 nights not to mention whatever it was that passed for eggs there ?) I would recommend the Longbranch but don't be surprised if you get a little exercise if you stay there !

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Ron, I'm very glad your GPS brought you to our location. Thank you for your loyalty to Best Western. You are correct in thinking the hotel has been added onto over the years. We started in 1968 as a restaurant, added the convention center a few years later, then came the standard section of the hotel and finally the building that houses the indoor pool and pool view hotel rooms. The layout is very unique but like you, once our guests experience the friendly service, clean and comfortable hotel rooms and excellent food, they keep coming back. Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. I look forward to your return.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

This hotel is a great value for the Cedar Rapids area. The onsite gym is excellent and the free breakfast is great. I would stay here again due to the location, great service, and prices. While the property is older it is in excellent shape and the staff is wonderful.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Paul M
Kathy L, General Manager at Best Western Plus Longbranch Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear Paul, I'm glad our location and all the services we offer met your needs. The on site 8,000 sq. ft. fitness center that is offered free of charge is an asset for our hotel guests. We pride ourselves on our breakfast, with the wide variety there is something for everyone. Your kind comments on the staff and facility are sincerely appreciated.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Because of volunteer work that I have been doing for the last twenty years I find myself in hotel rooms around the country (and periodically outside the United States) on several occasions, and like I do so many times I called in my reservation at the last minute. While rooms with two queens were booked I was offered a suite at a reasonable price. Stayed three days, and enjoyed every one. No matter which staff member I had contact with I encountered a smiling face and a willingness to be of help.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Gene, Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor, it was a pleasure receiving the comments about your stay with us. Our staff prides itself on exceeding guest expectations, and I am pleased you experienced that service firsthand. Our hotel boasts all the amenities a business traveler needs with free wired and wireless internet, free parking, business center with fax, copy and internet services and a complimentary hot breakfast. I look forward to your return. Have a wonderful day.