“love Pei's!”

Pei's Ohana
Ranked #55 of 433 Restaurants in Cedar Rapids
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Reviewed 2 February 2013

Eat in or carry out! And the lunch buffet is great! We usually get carryout and the food is always still hot when we get it home. Servings are generous too!

Reviewed 17 March 2010

Lo Mein noodles were gross and when we told the waitress that we didn't like them she uncomfortably asked us if we wanted her to wrap them up to take home!?! We politely said no thank you, she didn't ask us if we would like to order anything else instead, didn't comp the noodles we didn't eat, and when I was asked as we were leaving how everything was I was argued with for being honest with the hostess. She didn't say anything to make me feel like they cared about the fact that we just dropped $50 and that we would never return or send over recommendations. Run your business however you'd like, but generally arguing with your patrons instead of trying to please them is not going to get repeat custumers.

1  Thank mschauer
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Marion, Iowa
Reviewed 14 June 2008

Sushi is excellent. Love the spicy sauce on the dragon roll. THe lunch buffet is a favorite; they have a handful of hot entrees, always very fresh and very good.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 19 May 2008

I had three nights in CR last week - I was thrilled to see a sushi bar right next door to the Hamptom Inn. I ate there all three nights. Dave and the other chef made my day, with wonderful variety and fresh ingredients. Cant wait to go back just to have their sushi again!

1  Thank DizeeDM
Reviewed 19 April 2008

Pei's used to be a top quality Chinese restaurant. Unfortunately, the quality has taken a serious downturn over the past 2 years. The food is oily, tasteless, and overcooked. The service is mediocre. What was once the best Chinese restaurant in C.R. is now no better than the local Chinese buffets.

1  Thank boxieontap