“Pretty good for this part of town”
Review of Pei's Ohana

Pei's Ohana
Ranked #54 of 425 Restaurants in Cedar Rapids
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Reviewed 27 February 2013

If you are staying on 33rd Street, this is a good place to go, if you aren't up for driving over to Edgewood or up to downtown. The staff was really friendly, and the food was good and reasonably priced. I will probably go back again.

I had Princess Beef, which was just a little spicy, perfect for me. I noticed it was salty, which I don't consider a bad thing but some people might. I enjoyed the visit. Spent $16 for 2 beers and a decent meal. Not too bad.

There are better places in town but if you don't feel like driving to them, this is a good solution.

There are newer reviews for Pei's Ohana

Reviewed 26 February 2013

This was our first visit here, and we came for the lunch buffet. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the dining room is clean and easy to navigate. The food had good flavor but there was a very limited selection, also a majority of the offerings were battered and/or fried. I plan to return for dinner but will pass on their lunch buffet in the future. From the many folks in attendance this must be a popular spot for lunch!

Reviewed 2 February 2013

Eat in or carry out! And the lunch buffet is great! We usually get carryout and the food is always still hot when we get it home. Servings are generous too!

Reviewed 17 March 2010

Lo Mein noodles were gross and when we told the waitress that we didn't like them she uncomfortably asked us if we wanted her to wrap them up to take home!?! We politely said no thank you, she didn't ask us if we would like to order anything else instead, didn't comp the noodles we didn't eat, and when I was asked as we were leaving how everything was I was argued with for being honest with the hostess. She didn't say anything to make me feel like they cared about the fact that we just dropped $50 and that we would never return or send over recommendations. Run your business however you'd like, but generally arguing with your patrons instead of trying to please them is not going to get repeat custumers.

1  Thank mschauer
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Marion, Iowa
Reviewed 14 June 2008

Sushi is excellent. Love the spicy sauce on the dragon roll. THe lunch buffet is a favorite; they have a handful of hot entrees, always very fresh and very good.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook