“Loving this place”
Review of Quality Inn South

Quality Inn South
Ranked #26 of 37 Hotels in Cedar Rapids
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I come to Cedar Rapids about 20 time a year for work. My reservation for my hotel room was never made. I started looking for my hotel when I was this warn colorful building. The exterior us clean and warm feeling. When you walked You would of never thought this is a Quality Inn. The lobby was very plush. The staff was friendly and the room was nice and clean. My room was on the second floor and they even had an elevator. This is my new motel when I'm in town.

• Stayed: April 2014

Reviewed 11 May 2014

The front desk attendant was polite and sincere. I had a long day so I was very tired when I arrived. I currently live in town but my sewers backed up in my house and the plumber couldn't come until the next morning so I had to get a motel room. The attendant took care of my needs quickly and professionally. My room was clean. I slept well. It was a bonus getting free breakfast in the morning. The rates were cheap but the staff, the room, and the food were exceptional.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 December 2013

The only two positives for this property is that the desk staff were nice and the room was reasonable.

But... The heater in our room hadn't been checked (had that burning dust smell upon startup) and wouldn't even warm the room. The following morning I was able to easily pull the air director out and stick my hand nearly all the way in the unit to find it was not warm at all. We were also able to see daylight between the wall and the unit.

The 'hot' breakfast was cold and unappetizing.

The front desk clerk did give us $15 off the room, but I still don't believe that to be enough.

Glad I was only here for one night... don't judge a book by it's cover.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 December 2013

A weekend stay for visiting the National Czech & Slovak Museum & Library and friends. The hotel was clean, and satisfactory, but our timing was bad as a couple college sports teams were staying there at the time. So access to the breakfast area was not possible. Also the elevator was out of service for the last day and night of our stay. Luckily we were only on the second floor. My friend traveling with me is 83, and had knee surgery not too long ago, so this wasn't welcomed. Location is next to freeway and several fast food and gas station/quick mart. Had my eyes open all the time for suspicious people, but no problems encountered.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 September 2013

While on our way to Minnesota we needed a place to stay for the night. We pulled off of 3-80 and stopped at the Quality Inn South in Cedar Rapids. Jake was very helpful with information about restaurants and local sights to see. The room was great and pleasing to all in the group. Breakfast was included with our rate and was a welcome surprise to our group. What was really nice were the options as we had some special diets in our group. The breakfast area looked newly renovated. It was a great start to the next part of our trip.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 September 2013

A weekend girls trip led us to Cedar Rapids Iowa. During our August trip we found ourselves staying in a very welcoming establishment. We had not been in the area for many years and Jake and Maggie were both very accommodating when we asked questions and requested area information. Our rooms were nice and beds comfortable. As it said you put old friends together and they don't need much. Two of us are early risers and enjoyed the breakfast it was nice to have hot and cold items. The biscuits and gravy being a big hit. Working in the hotel business in the past it is nice to go to another hotel and experience great friendly service that I once provided to my guests. I would definitly stay in the hotel again and recommend it to my friends if they ever were in the area.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 September 2013

I didnt have a reservation when I first got there but the staff got me right in. The lobby looked like it was just redone and done very well. The breakfast was very good. Sausage and eggs were great!! We had no problems our whole stay! The beds were very comfortable and the rooms were very clean. The staff could not have been friendlier. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business