“Lodging”

Ranked #28 of 36 Hotels in Cedar Rapids
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
“Lodging”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel for two nights. The room was larger than some with 2 queen beds that were comfortable. The room was clean and neat with bath/nice warm shower. Continental breakfast was included which was like other facilities. Plenty variety to get your day started and on your way. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. The rooms/facility was very quiet which provided good sleeping conditions. If you are looking for a comfortable bed, refreshing shower, breakfast to start your day , and economical rates, this is a good choice. A refrigerater and microwave were in the room. We will stay here again on our next visit. It is located near the airport for easy commute and near other restaurants, and near the freeway for easy access to all events.

off the freeway

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lee B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

Great value for the price. Second time I've stayed and the staff is very welcoming. The room/bed was comfortable and even had a microwave and fridge. The breakfast was good, the milk was cold. Will be staying here again.

Room Tip: Wifi was spotty at best. But still a great place to stay if your focus is on using it for a place t...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Knoxville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

Staff was very friendly & helpful. The pool area was being remodeled, but we hadn't planned on using it anyway. We mainly just needed a cheap place to stay to sleep & shower.
We stayed 2 nights and ate breakfast before we left in the mornings. They had more choices than some of the more expensive places we have stayed. Waffle maker, cereal, fruit, toast,etc. Coffee and water were available in lobby 24 hours and there is a vending machine with snacks & sodas by the ice machine near the lobby.
The area is in a group of several hotels and restaurants including a McDonald's within walking distance, and a good Mexican restaurant & a Subway right up the street. Also right down the road from Hawkeye Downs and about 5 minute drive from Kirkwood college.
We originally chose to stay at this hotel to save money, but we were impressed and very happy with our stay.

The only concern I had with this hotel was that the side entrances don't require a key to enter except overnight. At those times everyone has to enter through the lobby. There are several security cameras so I'm sure it doesn't actually pose a safety risk to the guests, but it made me feel little nervous that unauthorized people could potentially could enter the hotel from these entrances during the day.

Room Tip: If you have a lot of luggage, request a room on the first floor so you won't have to carry it up...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Amy S
Galveston Island, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

I spent two weeks here for work. This is a great place to stay. I had no issues. The hotel is ten minutes away from the airport and any place you may need to go to resupply. A fair price for a room and a very helpful staff.
If you find yourself in Iowa stay here. Also I would like to say thanks to the hotel staff at Econo lodge.

• Stayed February 2014
Celina, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014

My family and I were in Iowa visiting a college. When we first got in our hotel room, we were a little disappointed to find hair all over the beds. We didn't say anything about it that night because we drove over 8 hours to get there. The next morning, I noticed that there was not a smoke detector in the room. I went to front desk and asked the associate to have housekeeping change all of the bed linens and for the smoke detector to be put back up. I told him the housekeeper did not have to do anything to the room except change the bed linen. When we got back from visiting the college, the front desk associate told me that everything was taken care of. When we went back to the room, the bed linen was changed, the trash taken out, and clean towels in the bathroom. The smoke detector was also put back up.

The housekeeper went out of her way and above and beyond what I asked. All of the employees that we seen during our stay was friendly and helpful and had no problems helping out. The staff is what made our stay nice and welcoming.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Glenda B
Waupaca, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

We stayed just one night here for a wedding, but it was very pleasant. The staff was very friendly and helped us through a reservation mishap. The rooms were very nice and clean. They were a comfortable temperature walking in, the sheets and carpet were clean, and had a nice flat screen TV, microwave and mini fridge. The breakfast, while basic, was very good and great for people on the go in the morning. We didn't use the pool so I can't comment on that.

Only cons with this place that I had were the pillows and a few cosmetic things in the bathroom.

The pillows were flat...very flat. I had to fold my pillow in half to have any support for my neck. My suggestion is, unless you like flat pillows, either bring your own or call the front desk for more pillows (as there weren't any extra in the room) and double up.

The bathroom was clean but one of the corners on the lid for the back of the toilet was broken off, the toilet seat was loose, there was what looked like an area of tape residue on the floor that clearly has been cleaned over, there was a dark mark on the tub, and there are only 2 body towels kept in the bathroom. I would think that a double queen room would have at least 4, one for each person. Like I said most of it was cosmetic and that's just me being picky.

All in all it is a good place to stay. Very convenient, affordable, quiet, and a friendly place to stay. I'd recommend it to others.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Des Moines, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

I was quite surprised, I have paid far more, received less at other hotels. My room was clean, semi current, flat screen TV, a microwave and a fridge. I didn't try the continental breakfast, so I can't comment. There is a guest laundry and friendly staff.
I will stay again.