“Accessibility Modifications/Helpfulness” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 36 Hotels in Cedar Rapids
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
“Accessibility Modifications/Helpfulness”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

The General Manager at this motel went out of her way to meet my physical accessibility needs during my stay. She offered to remove from the room one of the Queen Size beds so that the rollaway bed could be placed there. Due to my short stature, I am unable to reach standard size hotel beds. Placing the rollaway bed there, enabled me to have ample space to transfer using a walker. I was very impressed by her helpfulness. I have never before had a hotel manager offer to remove a bed for me. The motel has one room with a roll-in shower (no ledge), bench, and handheld shower spray. The other accessible rooms only had bathtubs with grab bars (which don't work for me). In the future, I hope hotel chains will consider, when remodeling or constructing new facilities, to build more rooms that have roll-in showers.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

I stayed here for one night due to all the hotels being booked in Iowa City. Because the hotel was full, I reserved a king room and the room was HUGE! I don't know if all rooms are like this, but my room had somewhat of an alcove of extra space with a desk. The bed was quite comfortable and the room quiet. The front desk people were very friendly, and I took advantage of a free cookie at check-in. I didn't eat much breakfast, but it was fine overall. Although I didn't take advantage of the pool or other amenities, I'd recommend this hotel for a quiet and comfortable stay!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Grafton, North Dakota, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

When visiting the Amana Colonies, this motel was only 17 miles away on the edge of Cedar Rapids. It was very clean, staff was friendly and helpful, and the pool area was small, but clean. There were only two fast food places nearby, but other restaurants were within driving distance. Breakfast was served starting at 4am! This would be a plus for travelers catching a plane at the nearby airport. We were not bothered by plane noise.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rosemary S
Midwest
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

Hotel is a bit outside of the city. Staff was kind enough to use the shuttle to bring us to a Cedar Rapids Kernals game. The girl that brought us was pleasant and came back to pick us up. Hotel didn't leave any memorable impressions. Pretty standard for a Country Inn.

Close gas station across the road to pick up snacks and beer/beverages.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kearnsisawesome
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013

Stayed there one night and forgot some items in the room and didn't realize it till I was home. I went back 2 days later to retrieve my things and I was told nothing was left in the room. They took my information and said the head housekeeper would contact me. 2 weeks later nothing so I call. Still say there was nothing left. I have checked every bag I had and my car and they aren't there so the housekeepers must have made off with my stuff. Very upset! I will never stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Nomadictraveler42
Debra K, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cedar Rapids Airport, responded to this review, 20 July 2013
Please accept our apologies regarding the lack of communication regarding your lost items. If you would be able to contact me regarding your stay dates and items in questions I would be happy to follow up on it for you and email or call you back regarding it. Again my apolgogies for the situaiton and I hope to hear from you.
Debra Kendall
dkendall@kinseth.com
319-363-3789
Wilmington, Delaware, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2013

Best price in the area and more than a decent value - would stay here for a week if I had to. Friendly staff and clean facilities - no complaints on this property. Location is a challenge for restaurants and delivery services - it's close to CID but not to anything else.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Ogden, Utah
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

My husband and I recently spent the night at Country Inn & Suites - Cedar Rapids Airport. I was a littley worried because of some of the reviews I had read. I'm glad we didn't change our minds. Now keep in mind this is not some 5 stars hotel but I was impressed with it as it was. One of my main concerns on a hotel is that it is clean. This hotel is clean. Its nice and kind of homey feeling. The clerks at the desk were very nice and helpful. There are a lot of choices to have with the free breakfast. We didn't use the pool or the hot tub, but I did look at them and they looked nice. One thing I noticed that I have not seen in any other hotel is they have made the pool and hot tub accessible for individuals who need assistance from a wheel chair or such. That impressed me. It is close to the airport and the free shuttle makes it worthwhile. One of the reviews I read was about places to eat around this hotel. Yes, there are not a lot of choices, you have A&W inside a convenience store and a McDonalds. However, there were a handful of places that will deliver to the hotel. Mainly pizza and chinese, so that made it pretty easy for us since we didn't have a car and didn't want A&W or McDonalds. There are tons of places to eat if you have a car and want to venture just a few miles down the road. If you ask at the front desk, they will provide you with a paper with all of the restraurants, address and phone number. Like I said, they were very helpful. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple