“Fantastic stay”

Ranked #25 of 36 Hotels in Cedar Rapids
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Fantastic stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2013

The Red Roof Inn in Cedar Rapids, Iowa was great. The service was excellent, they were very friendly and accommodating. They have a clean heated outdoor pool, the rooms were clean, no stains on blankets, I would stay here again..... Thanks for the great service

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Cheryl D, Manager at Red Roof Inn Cedar Rapids, responded to this review, 1 September 2013
Dear Ms.SlicR

Thank you for taking the time to complete the Trip Advisor review. I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Cedar Rapids Red Roof.

I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. Our goal is to be clean, safe, comfortable, and economical for travelers, such as yourself. We are happy to know from your review we are meeting your needs which is our goal.

Thank you again for sharing your experience. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Cheryl Du Charme

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013

I needed a place to stay in Cedar Rapids overnight. I found the Red Roof Inn for just over $50.00 for the night. It is a bargain. The room looks recently renovated. It is clean--with laminate flooring, a nice touch, giving it a contemporary feel. Nothing fancy, but I know from experience that $50.00 does not often get you much in a motel. I awarded four stars in a number of categories simply because it is an economy motel--but it gets five stars for value. I'm quite pleased!

• Stayed August 2013
Cheryl D, Manager at Red Roof Inn Cedar Rapids, responded to this review, 21 August 2013
Dear Geoff,

Thank you again for sharing your experience. We look forward to seeing you and your pets in your future travels.

Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

Felt safe and comfortable. Bed was one of the most comfortable beds I've had the pleasure of sleeping on. Very clean! Great job! Was a little hesitant upon arriving because of some less than savory guests staying near but was very pleased and surprised. Very nice hotel and will stay here again next time we're in town.

Room Tip: We had room 318.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Cheryl D, Manager at Red Roof Inn Cedar Rapids, responded to this review, 14 August 2013
Thank-you for taking time to complete a TripAdvisor review! At Red Roof, we strive to provide every customer with superior service; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Our goal is to be a clean, safe, comfortable, and economical place to stay for travelers such as yourself.

You may not have been made aware but our hotel has contracts with several nationwide trucking companies, and electric and gas power plants. I am sure you saw the numerous semi-trucks, and utility trucks in the parking lot. With the truck drivers and utility workers staying, and their trucks are in the lot, there is always at least one walking the parking lot at all hours of the day and night to insure the safety of the trucks for which they are responsible. They use a sort of buddy system and take shifts. At any given time you can always find at least one or more walking the parking lot even in the worst of weather. Most of these people have most of their life and equipment in their truck to protect, so they watch the parking lot very closely. Again, it appeared as loitering, but were the people maintaining the safety of their vehicles. A huge upside to them being in the lot at all hours, is that in this day and age most hotels across the country have issues with cars being broken into for various things, GPS, radar detectors, stereos and such. With these truck drivers always walking the parking lot, observing anything and everything going on, as well as smoking outside, this hotel has not had any theft or damage type of activity. The hotel is safer than most with such close attention being paid to anything in the parking lot.

We are happy that we were able to meet your needs and look forward to seeing you again on your future travels.

Bardstown, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

I was skeptical about staying here but the personal reviews showed that it was a very clean and safe hotel and were they right! This place was super clean and the staff was so very friendly and I felt safe...I especially liked that the floors were hardwood. Everyone these days are concerned about bugs and it really helped for me to not have the added worry of something hanging out in the carpeting. This is not a luxury hotel, but for the price, this place is first rate :)

Room Tip: I was on the third floor so it was not a room that was directly on the outside of the building and t...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Dear Rene S.,

Oshkosh, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

I think this hotel is just what your looking for if your just needing a place to stop over night. I never felt like I was in danger or the room was unsecure, which I have felt at other chain hotels. The room was clean and comfortable, the bed was good for sleeping, the t.v. worked. All things I require for a one night stay on my way through the state. If you want a luxury room with luxury ameneties, you need to pay the price for that. I wanted a clean comfortable place to stay for one night at less than $50 and I got it. I will be stopping here again on the way back home and will have no reservations about staying here again. I always sleep with earplugs when I travel so I don't know about any road noise or other room noise, but we didn't have any that was too much and my daughter didn't notice any that woke her up, so sleep quality was good.

Room Tip: The book in the room says there are waffles available, but I did not see waffles, so we went to the...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Cheryl D, Manager at Red Roof Inn Cedar Rapids, responded to this review, 8 August 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete the Trip Advisor Survey. I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Cedar Rapids Red Roof.

Osage Beach, Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

The guy that checked me in was cool. We right away noticed the blood splatters on the elevator door frame, elevator stopped on the wrong floor, looked like maybe thy were renovating??? However, there was a creepy man roaming about, made us a bit uneasy. Had I not had my big hubby with me I would have been quite scared. The room was ok. Pillows were dinky!! The bed was very comfy. When I woke up and threw back the bedspread there was a large blood stain on the back side. Reported to desk at check out. Was told they would "pass it along to housekeeping". Breakfast consisted of bread slices and English muffins, coffee, and 2 kinds of juice ( which were empty) All in all, I would not recommend to friends or family.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Jyll G
Cheryl D, Manager at Red Roof Inn Cedar Rapids, responded to this review, 31 July 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We do only serve a continental breakfast. This helps keep our rates economical for travelers. There are many restaurants in the area that offer a wide variety of items at reasonable prices.

You may not have been made aware but our hotel has contractswith several nationwide trucking companies. I am sure you saw the numerous semi-trucks in the parking lot. With the truck drivers staying, and their trucks are in the lot, there is always at least one walking the parking lot at all hours of the day and night to insure the safety of the trucks for which they are responsible. They use a sort of buddy system and take shifts. At any given time you can always find at least one driver walking the parking lot even in the worst of weather. Most of these driver’s have most of their life in their truck to protect, so they watch the parking lot very closely. Again, it appeared as loitering, but were the truckers maintaining the safety of their vehicles. A huge upside to the drivers being in the lot at all hours, is that in this day and age most hotels across the country have issues with cars being broken into for various things, GPS, radar detectors, stereos and such. With these truck drivers always walking the parking lot, observing anything and everything going on, as well as smoking outside, this hotel has not had any theft or damage type of activity. The hotel is safer than most with the drivers paying such close attention to anything in the parking lot. The front desk should have given you more of the details of the drivers always being outside. For not giving you this information, I apologize. Many of our female travelers find this activity comforting. The knowledge that there is someone always someone watching out. We would like to apologize that this made you feel uncomfortable.

You note that the hotel is in the middle of a renovation. We are, and there are newer and more modern updates. We hope that these updates will be not only appealing, but beneficial and economical for travelers such as yourself.

Saint Paul, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

The Red Roof Inn Cedar Rapids is not a luxury hotel by any stretch of imagination -- the building has an old and tired look and feel, but the bed was comfortable, the staff was fine, and the price was right. For those who don't have a mobile device for accessing the internet, there are a couple of computers in the lobby area. The continental breakfast left somewhat to be desired, but there is a Perkins nearby. I wouldn't mind staying here again.

Room Tip: I would pick a room on the Western end of the building because that is the furthest from the freeway...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Cheryl D, Manager at Red Roof Inn Cedar Rapids, responded to this review, 28 July 2013
Dear Arlene S.,