“DOG LOVERS”

Red Roof Inn Cedar Rapids
Ranked #27 of 36 Hotels in Cedar Rapids
Reviewed 28 February 2014

I stayed here with my dog Kelly while I went to crst trucking class for 3 days. I brought a huge cage to keep Kelly in but the housekeepers would rather have Kelly out of the cage. They came & took her for walks while I was in class. And Cindy even made a bed from old clean sheets for Kelly. Cheryl had a basket of dog biscuits on the front counter and made sure that Kelly got her fill. Lol. The staff was great & made you feel like family. I liked my experience so much that I stayed at another red roof inn on my way home to Florida. And pets stay free. :-)

• Stayed: February 2014
Cheryl D, Manager at Red Roof Inn Cedar Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Dear Sue and Kelly,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor review. I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Cedar Rapids Red Roof.

I will make sure to share your comments with Cindy, and the rest of our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

We hope that you had a safe and enjoyable trip to Florida. We also hope you found much warmer temperatures there, opposed to the seasonal cold you found here in Iowa. We enjoyed having you and Kelly stay with us. Pets always pets stay free with us. It is important to us that pets stay free, and that we have treats and special bedding for them, as they are a part of the family.

Thank you again for sharing your experience. We look forward to seeing you and Kelly in your future travels.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

Cheryl and Charles catered to my every needs they were very professional and courteous and as a truck driver whenever I have a load in Iowa I will definitely bypass every other motel just to get to the red roof inn the staff make you feel right at home thanks guys

Sincerely
Bryan Redcross

• Stayed: February 2014
Cheryl D, Manager at Red Roof Inn Cedar Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Dear Bryan,

I will make sure to share your comments with Charles, and the rest of our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. For your return visits to the area, we have plenty of semi truck parking for you, as well as any truck drivers. It is nice to be able to offer home comforts, like our large flat screen televisions and memory foam beds to those that live on the road such as yourself. You and all truck drivers keep America going by getting the items we need to our local stores. Thank you and all truckers for the job you do everyday for all of us! It is a pleasure to be able to provide you with your lodging needs.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

Me and my family stayed at the red roof inn in cedar rapids a few weeks back on our travel to new mexico. The place was so nice and clean and the staff was so polite. They made us feel at home and welcomed our pets as well. If i am every that way again i will most defenitly be staying there again. Cheryl and jousua were working that night and made us feel so welcomed after are long trip from michigan. Great people and great service.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Dear Lisa Ann S,

I will make sure to share your comments with Joshua, and the rest of our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

We hope that you had a safe and enjoyable trip to New Mexico. We also hope you found much warmer temperatures there, opposed to the seasonal cold you found here in Iowa. We enjoyed having your entire family including your pets stay with us. It is important to us that pets stay free, as they are a part of the family.

Thank you again for sharing your experience. We look forward to seeing you and your pets in your future travels. Best of luck to you in your new home in New Mexico.

Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

This gentleman is willing to help the guests as best as possible. I'm obsessive compulsive about room details and this gentleman reassigned me twice without any attitude or ill will. The rooms are nice and have plenty of sockets for appliances. TV's are modern flatscreens. The staff overall is great but if you happen to receive Charles as your host, be sure to treat him with respect. He will certainly return the favor.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Cheryl D, Manager at Red Roof Inn Cedar Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

Dear Karl H.,

Reviewed 28 December 2013

I love Red Roof Inns and stay in them frequently. But they can be all over the place in quality. This one was clearly a building that was formerly a higher caliber hotel. This room cost $60 for a Superior King using a AAA discount.
The room was clean and had everything I needed (just needed to sleep and move on early the next morning), but did NOT have the nice well lit desk area typical of Superior King rooms. It did not have electrical outlets easily available. I had to crawl on my hands and knees under the desk to plug in the coffee maker. And worst of all, the internet did not work! So I paid for internet, but was not able to do essential work that evening.

They advertised a fitness room. It was stacked with old TVs alongside the treadmill. So it was a storage room with a couple fitness machines stuck in. I did not opt to use them. At all times, there were scary looking people hanging outside the lobby door smoking and watching. It made for an intimidating atmosphere. As a woman business traveler, a feeling of safety is important. Even though there were several restaurants within walking distance, those loiterers made me decide to not venture across the parking lot at night. I'm a bold solo traveler, but I did not feel safe there.

I will not be coming back to this Red Roof Inn again. Paying twice the price for a Marriott or Hilton property is well worth it if you need to stay in Cedar Rapids.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank MTIndiana
Cheryl D, Manager at Red Roof Inn Cedar Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Dear MT Indiana,

Thank you for taking time to write a trip advisor review.

First let me say that the hotel is finishing up major renovations. The hotel is in the process of installing new flat screen televisions, in all rooms like the one that was in your room. With the Iowa snow, it is not safe to stack them outside until the disposal people could pick them up. Of which they certainly could not do during the snow and ice storm that occurred at the time of your stay. We also do not charge for internet. You do have to go through the terms and conditions page on your browser, or the system will not allow you through to the internet. There are extra outlets on the nightstand and desk, I am sure you saw the black cube on the night stand. The cube has 3 regular electrical sockets as well as 2 USB ports. Also the lamp on the desk has an extra outlet at the base as well. Crawling on ones hands and knees, is not necessary.

You may not have been made aware but our hotel has contracts with several nationwide trucking companies. I am sure you saw the numerous semi-trucks in the parking lot. With the truck drivers staying, and their trucks are in the lot, there is always at least one walking the parking lot at all hours of the day and night to insure the safety of the trucks for which they are responsible. They use a sort of buddy system and take shifts. Also, the night driver must stay on his sleep schedule, and stay awake at night. At any given time you can always find at least one driver walking the parking lot, or standing where they can view most of the parking lot, even in the very worst of weather. Most of these driver’s have most of their life in their truck to protect, so they watch the parking lot very closely. Again, it appeared as loitering, but were the truckers maintaining the safety of their vehicles, and sleep schedules. There is a huge upside to the drivers being in the lot at all hours. In this day and age most hotels across the country have issues with cars being broken into for various things, GPS, radar detectors, stereos and such. With these truck drivers always walking the parking lot, observing anything and everything going on, as well as smoking outside, this hotel has not had any theft or damage type of activity. The hotel is safer than most with the drivers paying such close attention to anything in the parking lot. The front desk should have given you more of the details of the drivers always being outside. For not giving you this information, I apologize. Many of our female travelers find the truck drivers outside very comforting. They find comfort in the knowledge that there always someone watching out for everyone’s safety. We would like to apologize that this made you feel uncomfortable.

Cheryl D.

Reviewed 19 December 2013

Staff was kind, courteous and helpful to myself and others. Went out of their way to make us comfortable Staff told us about local activities and transportation and local restaurants. Rooms were clean and housekeeping staff friendly and would come at our convenience. Great place to stay, especially on business. Was quiet and comfortable in lobby even when busy. Used exercise room washer and dryer. All worked well. Will be back in cedar rapids again and definitely would stay here again. Stay at home cozy feeling.thanks for everything.

• Stayed: November 2013
Cheryl D, Manager at Red Roof Inn Cedar Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

Dear Erikalynn,

Thank you for taking the time to complete the Trip Advisor review. I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Cedar Rapids Red Roof. It was a pleasure to have you as a guest in our hotel.

I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. Our goal is to be clean, safe, comfortable, and economical for travelers, such as yourself. We are happy to know from your review we are meeting your needs which is our goal.

Thank you again for sharing your experience. We look forward to seeing you in future travels. Best of luck with your new career!

Cheryl D.
Red Roof Inn Cedar Rapids

Reviewed 26 November 2013

the room was very nice - everything very clean. The website indicated there was a breakfast with waffles. We were told that stopped 9 months ago. Need to update that information. There is a Perkins near by - so no big problem.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Cheryl D, Manager at Red Roof Inn Cedar Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to complete the Trip Advisor review. I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Cedar Rapids Red Roof. Please contact me in regards to the website where you saw waffles listed. We have not had waffles at the hotel in over a year. The websites for Red Roof Inn, Expedia, Travelocity, and Hotels.com do not list waffles. If you could let me know what company is listing incorrect information on their website, I can contact them and have this corrected.

Thank you again for sharing your experience. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Cheryl Du Charme