“The 59ers”

Reviewed 20 August 2013

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Nancy C
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We were in town for a wedding and this is where they booked a block of rooms. After returning from the rehearsal dinner at 9:30 pm come to Super 8 to check in had to wait over 30 minutes because the computer crashed. Once I got checked in and went to the room it had a very strong smell of mildew and two double beds, I booked two months early and booked a king size bed. I went back to the front desk and the lady had no idea how to help me and to me to come back in 20 minutes. Once I came back a different lady told me that she could not give me a king size bed and that there where maintenance issues. After much conversation she gave me a different room which was a king size bed and still had a strong smell of mildew. Rooms where not clean, they did not refresh breakfast when it was gone it was gone. Tried to run on the tread mill and got up to 6 mph and the tread mill came to a dead stop which hurt my back. Stay at the other motel in town, I do not complain about hotels but this one was a waste of money, look elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Grace M
Reviewed 26 July 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2013

I have nothing to complain about..

I booked at a Super 8 not a five-star resort. So I received a Super 8 room, Super 8 breakfast, and Super 8 service.

Our family checked in late, about 9p, and were welcomed very nicely. The gal at the front desk was more than accommodating. I would say above average.

Our room was a typical Super 8 room. Nothing special, but as I have said before -- you get what you pay for. This room was $60 compared to $180 at Honey Creek. I knew the room would be nothing special.

We all slept good and breakfast was nice. Again, 5-star? No. I had an apple, toast, and a waffle. It was free and I have nothing to complain about.

Thanks for the stay and we'll be back!

Room Tip: Close to Rathburn Lake -- bonus!