“It will do...”

Westbridge Inn & Suites
Westbridge Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Centerville
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Stayed here because they allowed dogs. (an extra $10) The plus was that they gave me a room with 3 beds, because they didn't have anything else available. It's an older place, but clean. I had the best parking right outside my door, didn't have to haul things far. Had a knock at 2am from someone looking for a someone else but otherwise quiet. The toilet is a little too close to the wall for a wide-load like myself. I was told that I might not get but one bar on my internet connection, but I got 2....yet I could never connect to any of the 3 signals they had. Pretty let down over that. Overall it was an Okay stay. I was not in the main building. TAG

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 27 May 2014

First of all, they lost my reservation made a few months in advance for a wedding my husband and I were attending at Bessie's Barn. Then when I got there, they only had a smoking room available. I tried to call around, but all of the hotels nearby were fully booked. My husband and I are both allergic to smoke and cats, and for some reason the hotel was filled with both.
We asked the manager for another room, or at least an air freshener, but we were told that there was absolutely nothing they could do.
All in all, this is the worst hotel/motel we have ever stayed at, and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. If you're staying in Centerville, go to the Continental, it's much nicer!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LGERBS
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I had to travel to Centerville with a co-worker on business. I found this hotel on search engine which shared it was the newest and most modern. Thinking this, I booked 2 rooms with Kings size beds in each. I had my comformation, but when we arrived, they had the wrong idea and did not read the comformation very thorougly. They thought it was two people in one room with a King size bed. They only had one room left and it was a double queen room but not even close to the other room. I was on the top floor and had to hold my breath to get down the hall to my room as it reaked of cigarette smoke. My room was smoke free but the hall was full of the smell. The other room smelled of bleach wipes when you opened the door. An absolutely terrible experience so we searched and ended up staying at The Continental on the square and had a wonderful experience. The good thing I can say about the Villa is they did not charge the credit card.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Lori S
Reviewed 15 July 2013

We stayed here while visiting family. The rooms and building are a bit run-down. However, the staff are friendly and very accommodating. The rooms are quite clean and adequately spacious. The pool area is nice. And the breakfast, if that is important to you, is slightly nicer than typical for a motel of this type. The beds were very firm, almost like a rock, but we like them like this so we had no trouble sleeping.

We have stayed here a few times over the past several years and the experience is consistent. All in all ... we will continue to choose this hotel when we are in the area.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Experience78
Reviewed 27 June 2012

Title is a family joke, my husband uses it a lot... Well, I last stayed at the 60 in April 2012 and I will be visiting Centerville again soon and will surely stay here. It may not be the hotel of anyone's dreams and you wouldn't want to spend a honeymoon there, but my extended family and I have always gotten along just fine there. We never saw any bugs or anything like that (I saw such postings for the Super 8). The staff are pretty low-key which suits me just fine. Probably the main reason I like to stay here is because my dad stayed her his whole adult life whenever he'd visit Centerville, the town he grew up in. He'd bring buddies with him to go hunting and fishing in the area. The breakfast area is small but so is the crowd and we manage to fill our bellies before heading out. There's a computer with internet right there if you need one. There's a convenience store right next door and the hotel is close to downtown and the highway.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank AdventurousMom63
Reviewed 2 October 2011

Stayed for 2 nights for a funeral, found the check in staff very dowdy, no smiles not very well dressed which did not give a very good 1st impression. The room was clean, large but a little dated. Breakfast is advertised as de luxe which must have a different meaning in American English to what we are used to in UK English. The breakfast was actually very ordinary and fairly sparse, we had to ask for items to be replenished which was done without a smile. The guests in an adjoining room seemed to think that they were the only ones in the place judging by the noise which we had to request was dealt with by front desk. All in all not a very pleasant weekend that hopefully we will not have to repeat. The corridors stink of smoke which does not help 2 reformed smokers.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank DavevalUk
Reviewed 31 March 2010

The manager is great! I have stayed here many times and he always remembers my name!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank JPDNR
Also consider these accommodations in or near Centerville
Cobblestone Inn and Suites Bloomfield
Honey Creek Resort State Park
Indian Hills Inn
Indian Hills Inn
#1 of 1 in Albia

Been to Westbridge Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!