See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 October 2015

We stayed in October for a wedding. Sue and Lyle are so welcoming. The house was gorgeous and the breakfast was sumptuous (pumpkin mousse for breakfast!) The porch is expansive and adorned with many lovely plants that Sue maintains (even in October). If you are out this way in Western Iowa, definitely worth a stop. LK

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LisaK1963
Reviewed 11 August 2015

My wife and I came to Cherokee to go to CreekFest 2015. We had the best experience at the Morning Glory B&B! Sue and Lyle were the most gracious and inviting hosts, the house is immaculate and clean, and the breakfast/brunch was the best I have ever had at any hotel or B&B! We stayed in the Blue Room and had our own bathroom, which was also in fantastic condition, the shower was large and wonderful, and the entire room is inviting and stocked with all the comforts of home. Down the hall there is a sitting room and a little kitchen area for making coffee, popcorn, and just about whatever else you would need. Sue sat down and chatted with us during meals, it felt like you were talking with your own mother. I would not hesitate to stay here again, it was the best place we could have stayed while in town and the price was very reasonable! Thanks Sue and Lyle for a wonderful experience!!

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SEmbrock
Reviewed 10 August 2015

We stayed at the Morning Glory during our roadtrip across America. It was beautifully presented and a perfect example of an old American house. The room was extremely comfortable, light and airy and we had a great night's sleep. Lyle and Sue were fantastic hosts and made us feel very welcome. We were treated to a lovely breakfast and good conversation before getting back on the road. We would definitely visit again!

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank DaveAndKath92
Reviewed 2 August 2015

This is a beautiful, old home that has been lovingly restored. The owners have kept the best about this house and added many modern comforts. The breakfasts are stellar and elegantly served. We love sitting out on the porch on the top of Main Street and thinking of what life must have been like for those who had the good fortune to live in this house in the past. Really lovely, restful place to stay and I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Each has its own unique charm.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Rebecca03
Reviewed 5 December 2013

I was traveling for work last month and found the Morning Glory Bed and Breakfast while looking for accommodations in Cherokee. It was a memorable stay! Sue and Lyle have worked so hard to turn this historic home into a beautiful gem. I was the only guest on a Monday night, so Sue was able to give me a tour of the home to see all they have to offer. Every room was inviting and had a private bathroom. They also had an upstairs small kitchen with all sorts of treats and refreshments. I had to leave early the following morning, so did not have a chance to enjoy a full breakfast. Sue had a full assortment of breads and juices waiting for me before I left! I highly recommend the Morning Glory Bed and Breakfast!! So much better than some small chain hotel. It will be an experience you will remember for quite some time!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business