“My experience”

Best Western La Grande Hacienda
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Cherokee
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Pleasant experience. Staff friendly & helpful. Room, food, breakfast, pool parking & location all excellent. Desk personnel very helpful about community. Dining room staff very helpful. Would stay here again if I were in the area. Highly recommend this hotel for business or for the family.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 16 July 2014

I have stayed at this hotel many times over the past few years. Under the new non caring recnt management/owner I have seen: HBO never works, bar and restaurant closed, sagging ceiling water damage in ceiling, smells, dirty appaerance. Pool is hit or miss being in working order.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank PortageLake77
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I stayed 4 nights at the hotel while working on a construction project North of site. I made reservations over the phone. It was quick and efficient. Check in went smooth too (all the woman at the front desk are friendly and make you feel welcome)
My room was clean and bathroom was a close to spotless as you could get. The rooms are a bit outdated and could use some color (my room had no fridge/microwave) but I didn't ask so I don't know if there is an option. The beds we some of the BEST I have ever slept on. super comfy along with the bedding.
My other disappointment was that my room had a view of the indoor pool, it was a bit noisy if any one was in the pool but at least the pool area closes at 10. I would have preferred a room with an exterior view but they never mentioned an option to me.
The breakfast offerings were a bit on the small side, at least compared to what I get at a similar hotel for a similar price. I little more variety and quality of food would be nice.
The other nice things about the hotel is ample parking and parking for trucks and trailers too. There is also a good Mexican restaurant next door with good food. A grocery store right across the street also.
I would stay again...

Room Tip: Get a room away from the pool if you want exterior window and less noise. The pool side rooms also...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 June 2014

The hotel is in an area where there is little to choose from. It is slightly outdated, but overall it was a comfortable stay. I checked-in late and was forced to stay in a handicapped room that appeared to have not been used for a while as I had to kill a couple of spiders in the room where they had been able to create a web.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We were in town for a wedding and were only staying one day. The room was very clean. We headed to the heated indoor pool after the wedding and it was very warm and very clean.
The continental breakfast was fabulous! Eggs, waffles, Biscuits, gravy. an aray of bread, bagels, muffins and cereal. We filled up before heading to our next destination.
Will stay again when we are in town for sure.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank rzmoose
Reviewed 3 June 2014

This hotel smelled the moment you walked into the room, the bathroom was old, dingy, and had mold around it. The shower was nice though as well as the comfortable beds. It was just had to overcome the smell of a mix of bleach and mold/dampness. The hotel options in the area are low which I would think would make the hotel want to upgrade and remodel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank 455kathyw
Reviewed 1 June 2014

It was the best choice in Cherokee, IA to stay. My kids loved the pool, great way to relax at the end of the day. Rooms were nice, however they did not have a microwave in the room which made it difficult to warm up leftover. The staff did let us use the kitchen one so they did try to accommodate which was good. Front Staff was very pleasant and polite. We would stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cherokee
Cherokee Inn
#1 of 1 in Marcus
Budget Inn Motel
Budget Inn Motel
#3 of 4 in Storm Lake

Been to Best Western La Grande Hacienda? Share your experiences!