“Big Burger and Delicious”
Review of Bennigan's

Bennigan's
Ranked #21 of 48 Restaurants in Clear Lake
Price range: US$7 - US$16
Cuisines: American, Irish, Contemporary
Good for: Groups
Description: Bennigan's restaurant and bar at the Best Western hotel off I-35 in Clear Lake, Iowa is an upbeat and relaxing place to kick back and experience the genuine spirit of Irish Hospitality! Enjoy craveable, crowd-pleasing food, ice cold beers, specialty drinks and wines. Our restaurant offers longtime Bennigan's favorites like our Kilkenny’s Country Chicken Wrap and decadent Monte Cristo with innovative new American fare selections and famous Burgers! Check out our daily Food and Drink Specials!
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Every visit to Clear Lake, IA, I stop and eat a Guiness burger at Bennigans. The haystack onion rings and sauce on the burger is excellent. The fries are medium sized and crispy. Iced tea is fresh brewed and very good. We waited at an empty greeter station too long on our visit. Once we were greeted, service was fast and friendly. I will be back on my next trip.

Reviewed 21 August 2013

We must have been there the same time as another review on this date. Waited well over an hour for a Bloody Mary and cup of soup. Server repeatedly forgot this very simple order. If in the area drive the extra few miles towards mason city and eat at a restaurant that values it's patrons.

Reviewed 13 July 2013

We ate at this Bennigan's while staying at the Best Western. Ordered our lunch and then proceeded to wait a very, very long time for it. We had small children with us who generally are very good at waiting in a restaurant for a reasonable amount of time. We ran out of crackers while waiting, and drinks. The food was over-priced, mediocre at best and the service was horrible. Won't be back.

Reviewed 9 July 2013

The server was very pleasant and efficient. The food was average and menu was also average. I used to love Bennigan's so I don;t know if my tastes changed or they changed.

Reviewed 29 June 2013

We stopped in for dinner for my birthday. The hostess was extremely rude and clearly did not want to be there. She was chewing gum like a cow chewing cud and was filled with eye-rolling and condescending phrases for us. Oh, did I mention her uniform was visibly dirty? The server was friendly, but she did nothing for the birthday. I do not know if they changed their birthday policy, but we will go to a different restaurant next year. The food was good and very fast. The server very quickly presented us with out check, too, almost to the point that it felt like we were being given the bum's rush. The food was tasty, and the server has hope, but if I were a manager I would NOT have that hostess doing anything other than washing dishes.