“Nice motel, clean rooms courteous staff. Only improvements...”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Clear Lake
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Clear Lake

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Des Moines
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Hotel and the staff were very good , but for the cost , the breakfast sucked compared to other hotels .

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

Spring, TX
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I thought when I booked the deluxe 2 queen bedroom that slept 5 that there would be a sleeper sofa in the room. When I checked in I was shocked when the receptionist said that wasn't the case. She did mention that we could request a roll-away bed, however there would be very little space to put it, and was she right. The room had just enough room for the 2 queen beds and the desk and a person to walk around, so we did without the extra bed. The room was clean but well used. The screen was torn badly on the first floor window, so we couldn't open the window for fresh air. The AC unit cycled on and off so loudly that we were not able to get a good night sleep.We could hear the people above us walking and they had their TV on until 2:30 am, so ask for a top floor room At 7:30 we were ready to eat breakfast, but the pickings were very slim. Packaged sweet rolls and donuts, cereal, apples and slices of bread were your basic choices. As we were eating they were delivering items from the front door, but it was too late for us. When I handed the keys to the receptionist she didn't ask how how our stay was, guess she could tell by the looks on our tired faces. I would not recommend this hotel unless you were desperate for a room and didn't really need to sleep, there wasn't anything "deluxe" about this hotel.

Room Tip: Book on the top floor for less noise.
Newport, Oregon
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Very clean and confortable. There were problems with the internet connection in my room but it worked in the lobby and there were comfortable places there to use. I was told when I booked that I would have a refrigerator but there wasn't one when I checked in. They put my medication in their own refer for me but it was inconvenient.

Ankeny, Ia
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Very clean, rates and breakfast were good for a peak time (summer and RAGBRAI week). Breakfast was even ready early for riders. We liked the window seat in our room.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Clear Lake
#4 of 8 in Clear Lake
Hampton Inn & Suites Mason City
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Mason City
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mason City

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Clear Lake? Share your experiences!