“What happened?”

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Clear Lake
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“What happened?”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

My (now deceased) partner and I had stayed here for years, as it was close to family in the area. It was clean, staff was nice, and we had no complaints. The breakfast area is small but we usually just had coffee in our room.
I stayed here this summer and wow. . . . what happened? My room had bits of stuff on the carpet. The carpet also had a burn mark. The fridge had old food inside. I had a nonsmoking room but the place still smells smoky. (I have smoke allergies.) The door lock was very difficult to close. The public computer quit working when I really needed to use it. It was just one thing after another!
And the staff! Please, please sigh loudly when I ask for something. Please put a sign up saying you are working in the motel when you are outside smoking like chimneys.
I contacted corporate to complain and heard from the local manager! She called me three times! I want corporate to know what has happened to this place. . . .honestly, never again.
I was beyond disappointed as I had good memories of stays here. We always enjoyed it, simple as it was. But instead of having good thoughts about past stays here I was left shaking my head.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Jane M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clear Lake
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Mason City
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#6 of 8 in Mason City

Been to Super 8 Clear Lake? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Super 8 Clear Lake

Property: Super 8 Clear Lake
Address: 2809 4th Ave S, I-35 Exit 193 at 4th Ave, Clear Lake, IA 50428-2289
Region: United States > Iowa > Clear Lake
Business Centre with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Wheelchair access
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Clear Lake
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2 star — Super 8 Clear Lake 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Super 8 Clear Lake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Super Eight Clear Lake