“Very comfortable, clean, and friendly”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Clinton
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Clinton
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The beds and pillows were very comfortable. The room and bathroom was very clean. Having a refrigerator and microwave is very convenient. The suite room was larger than other's of the same style that we've stayed at. It was nice to have a set of doors to be able to close between the bedroom and the couch area. A great value.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Clinton

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Our room was clean! even smelled clean! Shortly after checking in we got a call from the front desk asking if the room was ok. We stayed on a Monday night had the pool and whirlpool to ourselves. there was some things starting to rust in the pool room but that didnt ruin our stay. The pillows on the bed you melt into. there were extra pillows and blankets in the room in zippered storage bags. Fridge in the room was clean as well as the microwave. Breakfast was grand, eggs sausage, biscuts and gravy, fresh fruit, waffles, cereals, ect. I even wiped my fingers across the picture frame tops no dust!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 March 2014

This chain has a certain standard and this location lives up to the best of them and even the least. Friendly accommodating staff, comfortable surroundings and set back enough from the road to make for a quiet night's rest. I will be back again!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank tdomek
Reviewed 9 March 2014

My daughter and I spent the night at this hotel for the first time last night. We had a great time swimming. We were there to celebrate her birthday and a couple of friends came to swim with us, and ended up getting a room of their own. The lobby was very nice and the cookies were delicious. The staff was friendly. I was also surprised that check out time was noon. I am so used to it being earlier. So no need to ask for late check out!

We got a two room suite. The price was wonderful and the room was nice. I had expected it to be a little larger, but it was completely adequate. I do think that in the future I will ask for an aditional trash can though. We had to leave trash sitting on the table because the two were full.

Breakfast in the morning was good, but we had to wait for new food to be brought out. Guess we chose a very popular time to go down to eat. There was a nice selection and I really ejoyed the biscuits and gravy.

After this experience, I will now be looking for the Country Inn and Suites when I travel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tired351974
Reviewed 4 March 2014

The hotel was very nice and very clean. Even with a large amount of drunk factory workers staying here the room was quiet and hotel kept clean. I would recommend getting a room on the top floor and towards the north, to increase quiet and lessen road noise. When checking out the manager or possibly owner was dressed in pajamas. The manager/owner ignored us when we were trying to check out, asking her three times for assistance. She never asked us how our stay was or even said thank you. It was very odd, may be a small complaint though staff didn't seem too happy to work there so there might be a management issue. Otherwise a nice hotel.

Room Tip: Upper floor to the north.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jon B
Iaclinto, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Clinton, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and we are pleased you enjoyed your stay. I am the Owner/General Manager of the Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Clinton, IA and am very concerned about the comments regarding the dress and behavior of the person you mentioned in your review. I can assure you I am always dressed in business professional attire and strive to ensure all guests have an enjoyable stay at our property. I would be happy to discuss this further with you as it is very concerning and confusing as to what you experienced during your stay. Again, I appreciate the time you took to review our hotel and look forward to exceeding your expectations during your next stay. Thank you. P.C. Desai, Owner/General Manager

Reviewed 14 February 2014

I think the staff is great. Very helpful and friendly ..Carrie is the best! The rooms are always clean and the beds are very comfortable. The complementary cookies are awesome. The hotel for the most part is very
quiet.. Great for relaxing.. They also have a heated indoor pool.

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank Guamone
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We stayed there 10-5-2013. The room & lobby area had a very strange odor. I said something to the front desk lady. She said the cleaning ladies are doing there best on getting rid of a musty smell. Almost smelled like tree oil. It was bad. I would not stay there again. Made me ill for a day.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank melsies22
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clinton
Hampton Inn Clinton
Oak Tree Inn Clinton
#6 of 9 in Clinton
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Fulton
Comfort Inn & Suites Riverview

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Clinton? Share your experiences!